3DS MAX

Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 
User Name:
Password:
Remember me

Go Back   Tutorialized Forums3D Graphics3DS MAX

Add This Thread To:
  Del.icio.us   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes

Unread Tutorialized Forums Sponsor:
Old December 19th, 2005, 11:21 AM
Contributing User
Tutorialized Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 1 BaDgEr New User: is a brand new recruit and a unknown entity at this point. 
Time spent in forums: < 1 sec
Reputation Power: 0
3ds max 6 materials/falloff maps

I've been playing around with falloff maps etc, and I'm trying to get two textures onto one plane. The effect I'm trying to achieve is a path running across sand. This works to an extent, but it never comes out right when I render it. I'm using a uvw map to try and get the path in the right place, but whenever I render it, the path always appears in the very corner of the plane and at the wrong angle, or doesn't appear at all. I've been googling for days and I would appreciate someone telling me how to do this properly.

Thanks.

Old December 19th, 2005, 06:52 PM
Contributing User
Tutorialized Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 472 Drew New User: is a brand new recruit and a unknown entity at this point. 
Time spent in forums: 1 h 10 m 35 sec
Reputation Power: 0
try the multy layer material or a masking layer opasity layers on each with a UVWUnwrap so you can edit your maps ...

or an easy way is to assign a UVWMap and a UVWUnwrap to the selected area .. click edit ... you will be given the UVW map window print screen open pshop new picture ... control v will give you your uvwmap, crop it to size then layer your materials to the area you want onto it then save this out as the map you wish to use .... assign this to the model in the usual way ....

Hope it helps

Drew

http://s12.invisionfree.com/razor1

Viewing: Tutorialized Forums3D Graphics3DS MAX > 3ds max 6 materials/falloff maps

Developer Shed Advertisers and Affiliates

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: