3DS MAX

Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 
User Name:
Password:
Remember me

Go Back   Tutorialized Forums3D Graphics3DS MAX

Add This Thread To:
  Del.icio.us   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes

Unread Tutorialized Forums Sponsor:
Old September 21st, 2010, 02:04 PM
Tutorialized Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 2 gkanz User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 21 m 54 sec
Reputation Power: 0
Adding Extra Vertices to a polygon????

Greetings. New to your forum and and a bit unskilled in the workings of 3dmax. Have worked in TrueSpace where the adding of edges and vertices were pretty cut and dry. But entering in the world of 3dmax it seems that I can only find ways to add vertices to Splines only. If I've create an object made with many polygons and would like to alter a polygon a bit more with an extra vertex here or there it seems that I just can't figure out how to do it. It seems that the ones I do create using the "create" button will always be dis-connected to the actual object. Any help or maybe a step by step would be greatly appreciated. Peace. gk

Old December 20th, 2010, 04:09 AM

Posts: 38 ssaxena_v User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 3 h 55 m 31 sec
Reputation Power: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkanz
Greetings. New to your forum and and a bit unskilled in the workings of 3dmax. Have worked in TrueSpace where the adding of edges and vertices were pretty cut and dry. But entering in the world of 3dmax it seems that I can only find ways to add vertices to Splines only. If I've create an object made with many polygons and would like to alter a polygon a bit more with an extra vertex here or there it seems that I just can't figure out how to do it. It seems that the ones I do create using the "create" button will always be dis-connected to the actual object. Any help or maybe a step by step would be greatly appreciated. Peace. gk

Use "cut" or "slice" tool to create extra edges which will give you extra vertices.

Saxena

Old December 20th, 2010, 05:26 PM

Posts: 2 gkanz User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 21 m 54 sec
Reputation Power: 0
Adding extra......

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssaxena_v
Use "cut" or "slice" tool to create extra edges which will give you extra vertices.

Saxena

Thanks for the reply. Been a while since I asked so I've been able to figure it out. Just like you said, slice or cut. 'preciate. Have a good holiday. Peace. gk

Viewing: Tutorialized Forums3D Graphics3DS MAX > Adding Extra Vertices to a polygon????

Developer Shed Advertisers and Affiliates

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: