3DS MAX

Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 
User Name:
Password:
Remember me

Go Back   Tutorialized Forums3D Graphics3DS MAX

Add This Thread To:
  Del.icio.us   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes

Unread Tutorialized Forums Sponsor:
Old March 19th, 2013, 10:23 PM
Tutorialized Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 1 boofers707 User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 10 m 9 sec
Reputation Power: 0
Creating a large open environment

Hi everyone,

I'm working on a scene in 3ds max where I have a plane that is flying through the sky. I'm trying to figure out how to create a large open environment to make it look like the plane is flying at a high altitude.

I've tried using the environment background with mental ray, but it ends up getting stretched and it doesn't look right.

I'm basically trying to create a large infinite looking ground plane, with a cloudy skyline.

Any suggestions on how to create an environment like this with max and mental ray?

Old May 17th, 2015, 08:33 AM
Tutorialized Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 105 VG-architect User rank is Corporal (100 - 500 Reputation Level)VG-architect User rank is Corporal (100 - 500 Reputation Level)VG-architect User rank is Corporal (100 - 500 Reputation Level)VG-architect User rank is Corporal (100 - 500 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 1 Day 14 h 58 m 9 sec
Reputation Power: 5
Facebook
If you add the environment in the environment box and in the show viewport background in the aspect ratio put the dot in the match bitmap check/tick both display background and the lock zoom and pan so you can pan your scene downwards

the scene should not look stretched unless your using the
wrong texture if that is possible whatever you assign to the environment it will show up in the viewport so if the texture looks wrong then change it!

as you said you just need to add a large plane. turn on your show save frames so you can see if the scene inside the orange box renders correctly when you render it if it does not look right all you have to do is rotate your scene so the scene is facing you and pan the p.view down so the scene fixes within the orange box!

Tony

Viewing: Tutorialized Forums3D Graphics3DS MAX > Creating a large open environment

Developer Shed Advertisers and Affiliates

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: