3DS MAX

Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 
User Name:
Password:
Remember me

Go Back   Tutorialized Forums3D Graphics3DS MAX

Add This Thread To:
  Del.icio.us   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes

Unread Tutorialized Forums Sponsor:
Old October 11th, 2017, 10:55 AM
Tutorialized Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 0 tjc User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 31 m 2 sec
Reputation Power: 0
Ferrari Barchetta Modeling Question...

Hi all,

New to the forum so hello.

I`m modeling the Ferrari Barchetta 166 MM 1948 in 3ds Max 2016. The model is coming along ok but I`ve hit a problem when modeling the engine air intake on the bonnet/hood. I`m getting bad distortion at the front where it rises up from the bonnet/hood.

I can`t post images as I`m a new member so maybe whoever can help (if anyone) could just google for "Ferrari Barchetta 166 MM 1948" to see images of it and see the engine air intake on the bonnet and offer advice on how that part should be modeled.

Should it be modeled separately and then "fitted" to the bonnet or should the shape of it be outlined and then extruded up etc? I`ve tried both ways... extruding it causes the distortion. (I`ve inserted loops etc to try and fix this but that doesn`t seem to help.)

Modeling the part separately is ok but I`m having real difficulty "fitting" it to the bonnet once it`s modeled.

I`m sorry this post probably is`nt very clear but as I say, I can`t post images to make things more clear.

If anyone can help with how this part should be modeled I`d be most grateful.

Cheers

Viewing: Tutorialized Forums3D Graphics3DS MAX > Ferrari Barchetta Modeling Question...

Developer Shed Advertisers and Affiliates

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: