3DS MAX

Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 
User Name:
Password:
Remember me

Go Back   Tutorialized Forums3D Graphics3DS MAX

Add This Thread To:
  Del.icio.us   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes

Unread Tutorialized Forums Sponsor:
Old May 5th, 2005, 07:31 AM
Contributing User
Tutorialized Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 1 fionan1 New User: is a brand new recruit and a unknown entity at this point. 
Time spent in forums: < 1 sec
Reputation Power: 0
Rotating a camera exactly in 3ds max

Hello there,

Im curently working with 3ds max 3 (i know, a bit pre-historical but anyways) and would like to rotate my camera (in plan view, or top view) in an exact circle around a given center point or object. What i would like to do is to tell it how many degrees it should rotate in a given timeframe. For example, i want the camera to rotate exactly 90 degrees in 100 frames. The aim here is to achieve a perfectly regular rotation on an animation.

What i have already tried:
I used a target camera placing the taget on the object around which i want to revolve. I then created a circular shape (like a cylindre) in the top view and tried to place the camera on its edge This is not a very precise method particularly as i couldn't tell whether i was lying on exaclty 90degrees, or 270 degrees for example.

Thanking you in advance,
Fionan.

Old May 23rd, 2005, 12:32 PM
Contributing User
Tutorialized Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 15 divertom New User: is a brand new recruit and a unknown entity at this point. 
Time spent in forums: < 1 sec
Reputation Power: 0
dude I am not sure if they have it in V3 but you need to use a path constraint. It should be in the top menu under 'Animation' > 'Constraints' > Path constraint. Before you do all this make sure you have made a circle for the camera to follow. Then highlight the camera then do as above, it will then lock the camera to the path (the circle). The rest is trial and error have fun

Viewing: Tutorialized Forums3D Graphics3DS MAX > Rotating a camera exactly in 3ds max

Developer Shed Advertisers and Affiliates

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: