ASP.NET

Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 
User Name:
Password:
Remember me

Go Back   Tutorialized ForumsWeb Design & DevelopmentASP.NET

Add This Thread To:
  Del.icio.us   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes

Unread Tutorialized Forums Sponsor:
Old August 21st, 2012, 01:14 PM
Tutorialized Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 3 n4nature User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 53 m 25 sec
Reputation Power: 0
ASP.NET based solution

Hi,

I am working on a project and have come up with a solution and a partial prototype. I need to have some clarifying feedbacks. This is the first time I have taken the web-related project.

Project is: Take certain feedback from distributed users and store the feedback in a backend. My solution is: Create a GUI in javascript, which users will use locally to point to the webpage created using ASP.NET. Users will be able to submit their feedback from the webpage, which will store the feedback file on a backend. Is this a proper solution? Any feedback on improvements that can be made or an obvious flaws?

I have created a sample webpage using ASP.NET. This webpage can be loaded locally using http://localhost:<portnumber>/<pagename.aspx>. How could this be loaded from a remote machine? I tried replacing localhost with ipaddress of the machine, which didn't work. Ultimately I am planning to call this web address from the javascript GUI - which will be installed locally on users' machines and that way the feedback page can be loaded and results can be submitted to the backend.

Your inputs are highly appreciated.

Thank you!

Old May 6th, 2013, 08:23 AM
Tutorialized Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 22 annaharris User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 4 h 21 m 28 sec
Reputation Power: 0
You have chosen the right path as replacing the IPAddress of the machine with the localhost may solve your problem.

Viewing: Tutorialized ForumsWeb Design & DevelopmentASP.NET > ASP.NET based solution

Developer Shed Advertisers and Affiliates

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: