ASP.NET

Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 
User Name:
Password:
Remember me

Go Back   Tutorialized ForumsWeb Design & DevelopmentASP.NET

Add This Thread To:
  Del.icio.us   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes

Unread Tutorialized Forums Sponsor:
Old July 15th, 2013, 05:34 AM
Contributing User
Tutorialized Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 23 xarzu User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 1 h 39 m 29 sec
Reputation Power: 0
How do you clear temporary files in an ASP.NET website project?

How do you clear temporary files in an ASP.NET website project?

I have been building and rebuilding an ASP.NET program.

I made the horrible mistake, I think, of recently copying the published content back to the folder I was developing.

So now I have an unusual error when I build the code. It says That there is a duplicate definition in one file in a temporary directory with anohter file in a temporary directory.

Error 3 The type 'ChildEventHandler' exists in both 'c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Tem porary ASP.NET Files...\b90cc7a4\28d266b\assembly\dl3\c4cf1ea3\b6 e4b808_ef7cce01\App_Code.DLL' and 'c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Tem porary ASP.NET Files...\b90cc7a4\28d266b\App_Code.asx5jp5d.dll' C:\inetpub\wwwroot...\Resources\usercontrols....as cx.cs 11 18 C:......\

I removed project and file names, of course, but this is basically what the error says.

Since the error is with temporary files, what should I do?

I do not see a "clear" option in visual studio to clear out the files of a compile.

Old February 10th, 2016, 02:37 AM

Posts: 2 alicesmith009 User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 35 m 20 sec
Facebook
Check out your own systems...dropout to a command prompt (cmd.exe) and do:

cd %tmp% and cd %temp% - You'll usually end up in C:\DOCUME~1\username\LOCALS~1\Temp.

At this point, I like to do the equivalent of a deltree and go up a directory and:
cd ..
rd Temp /s (it usually won't manage to delete the whole dir. Someone will have a file open and the final directory deletion will fail)
md Temp (in case it was deleted.)

Everything in %windir%\temp - There's lots of Perfmon counters in here, so you won't be able to delete everything. Often you can del *.* and anything that shouldn't be deleted is currently open.

If you are a developer, and have developed ASP.NET for years/months, clean up %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\ <VERSION> \Temporary ASP.NET Files.

Old August 16th, 2016, 04:39 AM

Posts: 3 jameswarner User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 40 m 31 sec
Delete temporary files in an ASP.NET website project

I believe you need to stop IIS, go to c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\, open the Temporary ASP.NET Files and delete the folders within it. Start IIS again, and re-compile your project.

Thanks

Viewing: Tutorialized ForumsWeb Design & DevelopmentASP.NET > How do you clear temporary files in an ASP.NET website project?

Developer Shed Advertisers and Affiliates

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: