Blender 3d

Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 
User Name:
Password:
Remember me

Go Back   Tutorialized Forums3D GraphicsBlender 3d

Add This Thread To:
  Del.icio.us   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes

Unread Tutorialized Forums Sponsor:
Old December 2nd, 2009, 11:55 AM
Tutorialized Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 4 PixelOz User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 2 h 56 m 23 sec
Reputation Power: 0
Problem With Python In Vista

I have Vista Ultimate 64 bit and I have Blender 64 bit (the one without installer) running from a folder. I also installed Python 2.6.2 64 bit and when Blender starts you can see the message on the console that it found Python but I try to run the Unfold script which works just fine in my other 32 bit computers that run Windows XP but it gives me the following message:

A full python installation is required to run this script.

My PC is an Intel i7 920 with 12 Gigabytes of Patriot DDR3 RAM, MSI Motherboard Model X58 Platinum SLI and two Evga 260 GTX graphic cards with latest drivers, Hitachi - 1 Terabyte SATA Hard Disk Deskstar 7K1000

How can I solve this?

The specific message that I get is this:

Traceback <most recent call last>:
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
File "C:StandAloneSoftware\blender-2.49b-win64-python26\blenderscripts\mesh_unfolder.py", line 1207, in <module>
class NetHandler(xml.sax.handler.ContentHandler):
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'sax'

I have another no installer version of Blender and this one doesn't even recognize the Python when it starts and it gives me of course the same message when I try to run the Unfold script save for the other Blender's path which is different:

Traceback <most recent call last>:
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
File "C:StandAloneSoftware\Blender-2.49b SVN 23571 Py 2.6.2 -msvc- SSE2 LAA fast-math 32 threads\blenderscripts\mesh_unfolder.py", line 1207, in <module>
class NetHandler(xml.sax.handler.ContentHandler):
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'sax'

Old December 2nd, 2009, 11:55 AM

A Little Progress

I fixed something a bit but the script still gives me the same error. I was able to make the second Blender (The second one is an optimized compilation from Graphicall.org) recognize the installed Python by adding the Python path to the system Environment Variables so now both of them recognize the installed Python but neither will run the Unfold script giving me the same error message.

Old April 26th, 2010, 02:36 PM

No problem, I solved it myself. It was that I added the Python2.6 path to the environment variables so that optimized Blender version (the one that says fast math) was able to see my Python 2.6 install cause for some reason or another it could not see it.

The problem is that when you do that Blender Alpha 2 cannot find it's bundled Python because it finds the 2.6 python installation instead and then it halts right there at start-up and gives the C++ runtime error.

The solution to run all the Blenders that I have is to change the name of the Python 2.6 directory temporarily so Alpha 2 continues to find it's own Python when I want to run Alpha 2.

Well if I can figure a way to make that opti Blender (it's a terrific bundle with a plethora of Python scripts and stuff and newer icons already installed) work with Python without having to use the environment variable path then I wont have to change the Python 2.6 path name temporarily but at least I can make all my Blenders work if I want to and also of course the Unfold script.

Viewing: Tutorialized Forums3D GraphicsBlender 3d > Problem With Python In Vista

Developer Shed Advertisers and Affiliates

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: