Blender 3d

Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 
User Name:
Password:
Remember me

Go Back   Tutorialized Forums3D GraphicsBlender 3d

Add This Thread To:
  Del.icio.us   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes

Unread Tutorialized Forums Sponsor:
Old September 29th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Tutorialized Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 1 mabehr User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 6 m 18 sec
Reputation Power: 0
Trying to create a specific fire in Blender. HOW?

Hi,

I've seen a dozen tutorials on creating fire in Blender. (I have 2.68) but they all show how to make a roaring fire with large chaotic flames. I'm trying to create a fire simulation where a globe or sphere is engulfed in fire but the flames are much tamer.

Searching for an example of the fire I'm trying to achieve I found this image: I can't place a link here as I am a new poster, but if you go to the website: little plant of saint francis you will see a holy spirit fire image

which is the type of fire I would like to create in blender. A fire that is more "harmonious" and less chaotic with the fingers of the flames smoother and less angry looking. My challenge is that there are so many settings to either the domain or the object on fire that, being new, it is very difficult to know which setting to adjust to get this look.

If you picture a globe engulfed in that fire image I attached where the fire produced looks like it comes more from gas stove than a camp fire, that is what I'd like to achieve. I've gone through about a half dozen tutorials trying to adjust settings with no luck.

Can somebody help me out with this? Being relatively new there are just too many settings to know which ones to adjust.

Viewing: Tutorialized Forums3D GraphicsBlender 3d > Trying to create a specific fire in Blender. HOW?

Developer Shed Advertisers and Affiliates

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: