Blender 3d

Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 
User Name:
Password:
Remember me

Go Back   Tutorialized Forums3D GraphicsBlender 3d

Add This Thread To:
  Del.icio.us   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes

Unread Tutorialized Forums Sponsor:
Old January 16th, 2006, 12:27 PM
Contributing User
Tutorialized Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 13 arcticheat New User: is a brand new recruit and a unknown entity at this point. 
Time spent in forums: < 1 sec
Reputation Power: 0
Using a camera

Hi everybody,

I have a project due in a week so i need an answer very fast. How do u use a camera? Say that u want to track the motion of an object, how do u make a camera trail behind the object?? I know how to make the camera move, but how do u render it so that it comes in the view of the camera instead of the view of perspective? Please repond as quicly as possible. Thank you. : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :

P.S. I have 3d studio max 7

-Everything is your fault until proven otherwise...

Old January 16th, 2006, 01:17 PM
Contributing User
Tutorialized Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Posts: 1,287 The Creator New User: is a brand new recruit and a unknown entity at this point. 
Time spent in forums: 22 m 35 sec
Send a message via MSN to The Creator
ok to make the camera trail an object, after u have made the camera u need to be able to see what the camera is looking at, to do this right click the word perspective at the edge of the perspective viewport then go views> Camera 01 now u shud be able to see what the camera is looking at in the viewport...

Now in the bottom right hand corner of the screen there should be a set of buttons which allow u to move the camera, so with the camera viewport active move the camera until u get the view u want...

Now right click the word Camera 01 at the edge of the viewport and go Views> Perspective....

this will take u back to the Perspective viewport (obviously), now u shud see the camera in the viewport (if not move the perspective till u can)...

now select the camera (and the little box it's connected to if u r using a target camera) and click the select and link button (top left of screen)...

now press H and click the name of the object which u want the camera to trail... tada, the camera moves with the object when u move the time slider...

(now click the arrow icon at the top of the screen so u don't accidently link more stuff)

then right click the word Perspective again and change it to Camera 01 as before and in the viewport u shud see the camera follow the object now u can render from that viewport...

lol, i practically wrote an essay... if there is something u dun understand, e-mail me =)

Good luck

Old January 16th, 2006, 02:56 PM
Contributing User

Posts: 13 arcticheat New User: is a brand new recruit and a unknown entity at this point. 
Time spent in forums: < 1 sec
Thank you soo much, now i understand. Thanks again!

Old January 18th, 2006, 06:30 PM
Contributing User

Posts: 472 Drew New User: is a brand new recruit and a unknown entity at this point. 
Time spent in forums: 1 h 10 m 35 sec
quick tips ... link camera to object will make it go where the object gose ... then if the camera is the child you can still animate the camera as it follows the object ..

if it is simple renderer ... at the bottom of the render rolldown selcet render from camera

or hit the c key (other short cuts l = left view, p = perspective, t = top, b = back) with the mouse over a view port will change the view to camera view then render...

respects

Drew

http://s12.invisionfree.com/razor1

Old November 19th, 2012, 10:48 PM

Posts: 3 katrinalaw User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 34 m 53 sec
Wow I agree with The Creator, he gives perfect and nice and I really appreciate him.

Viewing: Tutorialized Forums3D GraphicsBlender 3d > Using a camera

Developer Shed Advertisers and Affiliates

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: