CSS

Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 
User Name:
Password:
Remember me

Go Back   Tutorialized ForumsWeb Design & DevelopmentCSS

Add This Thread To:
  Del.icio.us   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes

Unread Tutorialized Forums Sponsor:
Old February 25th, 2013, 03:40 AM
Tutorialized Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 2 cdunlo11 User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 33 m 23 sec
Reputation Power: 0
Container height change when I change div's around

Hi,

I am very new to the whole website development world, started with tables, recently read they are not a good idea and started to leave css.

two issues I am having.

I have a container, header, left column, right column and footer.

the container has no height attached. width 720px.

I have my divs for left and right column within the container but laid our with the right column first then the left however the display is correct.

I decided to simply change the arrangement in the code for easier reading.. the issues is when I do this both columns just outside the container. I have tried changing the height to both auto and a huge px size both did not help.

another issue I am having is with floating 3 and 4 boxes inline one after another.

I have tried different variations such as all float left - different margins, padding etc.. some float left, centre, right etc... all with no luck, the best i can get is the two main colums, (left adn right) to work the rest either position over these to columns, or go above or below the left or just the text appears. I.

I have went to another new page and tried and succeeded with 3 columns using the simple css sheet creator option (attach style sheet - left hand column of the programme) - so I thought it was my bad code however I copied and pasted the correct info from the new page into my site it again does not work.

If anyone can give me a few pointers that would be great. currently reading dreamweaver for dummies and any site I can find.

Thanks for the advice in advance.

Craig

Viewing: Tutorialized ForumsWeb Design & DevelopmentCSS > Container height change when I change div's around

Developer Shed Advertisers and Affiliates

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: