Fireworks

Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 
User Name:
Password:
Remember me

Go Back   Tutorialized Forums2D GraphicsFireworks

Add This Thread To:
  Del.icio.us   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes

Unread Tutorialized Forums Sponsor:
Old March 29th, 2010, 11:00 AM
Tutorialized Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 1 forky User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 8 m 4 sec
Reputation Power: 0
Question Fireworks vs Photoshop

My graphic designer friends think I'm nuts because I prefer FW over PS. Anyone else feel that way?

Personally, as a web site manager I find FW is faster and simpler for certain tasks. But maybe it is only because I'm more familiar with it.

Thoughts?

Old May 28th, 2010, 06:22 PM

Posts: 10 asdfghjkl User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 3 h 19 m 9 sec
Hey! I have been using 3 years from the fireworks, and I swear by it. HTML form layout you can not win it. Slice option is much higher than those found in Photoshop. What can take full advantage of another program to export all the code / javascript for more than a lap, drop-down menus and image maps. Is designed specifically for the fireworks to build sites, and there are graphics-editing program Photoshop strict, they have their own purposes. I would recommend just using fireworks. Unfortunately, many do not implement it, even if it was a good way.

Of course, I would like to Adobe and the acquisition of the business and concern the future will be fireworks. I would say is to get a copy of it that he did not want to kill everything. I can not imagine without the determination of location. I have just purchased Macromedia Studio 8 beam * Suite2 creative, it is still associated with him. Want to keep it that way.

Old September 21st, 2011, 05:30 AM

Posts: 1 jcsites User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 8 m
Since Photoshop is the more popular application, people prefer it more compared to Fireworks.

Old August 15th, 2012, 03:13 AM

Posts: 10 juliarose User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 1 h 42 m 5 sec
I prefer Fireworks and have used it for over 2 years. I'm really dissapointed that most companies require you to know Photoshop and don't value Fireworks just because Photoshop is more common. Adobe built Photoshop for photo editing. Macromedia built Fireworks for web design (wireframing, mockups, and comps). Yet industry standard requires you to use Photoshop when Photoshop isn't user friendly because it's not vector based. One major issue this causes is that you cannot import Illustrator vector objects into photoshop easily whereas you can in Fireworks yet companies still prefer photoshop skills. I honestly don't understand. I think companies should be more flexible as to what software their employees want to use as long as the same results can be achieved.

Old August 30th, 2012, 11:49 PM

Posts: 35 cool_jessica User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 10 h 45 m 6 sec
Reputation Power: 6
For me fireworks is more preferable. Not only it is fast but allow the better integration with HTML and CSS. Fireworks offer more flexibility to designer for better image optimization.

I am not against Photoshop, but for me Fireworks goes well

Viewing: Tutorialized Forums2D GraphicsFireworks > Fireworks vs Photoshop

Developer Shed Advertisers and Affiliates

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: