Fireworks

Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 
User Name:
Password:
Remember me

Go Back   Tutorialized Forums2D GraphicsFireworks

Add This Thread To:
  Del.icio.us   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes

Unread Tutorialized Forums Sponsor:
Old January 8th, 2009, 09:36 PM
Tutorialized Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 1 chris111 User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 12 m 57 sec
Reputation Power: 0
Realistic Cat Hair...

Hi everyone,

Iím somewhat new to the graphic design world and while Iíve learned a lot in a pretty small amount of time, I have some design aspects that will be very important for me to learn. I have been trying to learn on my own, but Iím now at a point of hoping to get someone to point me in the correct direction for something specific. Currently Iíve been learning to use Macromedia (now Adobe, I believe) Fireworks MX Ď04. Great program it seems to me, but I really donít know how to compare it to another program, since itís the first Iíve been using/learning in depth.
Iíve been trying to discover how to create realistic looking cat hair. Is there simply a particular plug-in I could purchase, which would make this easier? Iíve tried with the pen and path tools but canít come up with something that looks halfway realistic. The fill and stroke textures that came with the version I have arenít cutting it either. Am I missing something that could be right in my face, or did I pick the wrong program to use? Iím aiming for a look thatís close to a drawing/painting and not too cartoon looking.

The other thing that Iím needing to learn how to do is make my pen lines have thicker parts in some places, and thinner in others. I believe Freehand has a specific vector tool for this, but I havenít been able to do so with Fireworks. I guess having random outline thickness would make drawings look a bit more like a drawing Iíve done in the past with pencil or charcoal. Right now, my outlines strokes look too computer generated with the uniform thickness. Is this particular effect going to require a Wacom tablet or is there another way?

Thank you to any person who takes the time to help out a fellow artist.

Chris

Old August 4th, 2009, 03:24 AM
Tutorialized Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 3 donjoaoresort User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 14 m 42 sec
Reputation Power: 0
Good wishes on your way to be sucessful in your task

John
Don Joao Resort

Viewing: Tutorialized Forums2D GraphicsFireworks > Realistic Cat Hair...

Developer Shed Advertisers and Affiliates

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: