Gimp

Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 
User Name:
Password:
Remember me

Go Back   Tutorialized Forums2D GraphicsGimp

Add This Thread To:
  Del.icio.us   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes

Unread Tutorialized Forums Sponsor:
Old March 11th, 2008, 05:27 AM
Tutorialized Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 12 Shadowraith User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 1 h 20 m 42 sec
Reputation Power: 0
If you need help

At the moment I am the only one active here, but I am fairly knowledgeable of Gimp so if you are in need of help don't hesitate to post and I will do my best to return you with a speedy reply helping you with whatever troubles you.

Old March 29th, 2008, 08:21 PM

Posts: 1 stock User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 7 m 49 sec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowraith
At the moment I am the only one active here, but I am fairly knowledgeable of Gimp so if you are in need of help don't hesitate to post and I will do my best to return you with a speedy reply helping you with whatever troubles you.

I have two questions Shadowraith.

First, my doc tool bar suddenly disappeard. The Gimp floating toolbar is there but the doc/layers floating toolbar suddenly no longer opens when I open Gimp. I haven't a clue how to get it back. I reinstalled Gimp 2.4.5 because I thought it might be a bug.

Second, you told another poster to download the latest 2.4.5 patch. I did but have no idea once it's on my desktop to get it inside Gimp??? The files on my desktop but how do you run it?

Thanks so much. Gosh I hope you are around today.

Old April 7th, 2008, 04:40 AM

Posts: 5 Sisko User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 38 m 24 sec
Hi Shadowraith. I am new to gimp but I need to master it. My first task is to create the kind of navigation buttons you see in itunes. You know, the ones you would see in the podcast area at the top of the content area?

Can you give me detailed steps to accomplish this?

Thanks

Old April 7th, 2008, 05:00 AM

Posts: 12 Shadowraith User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Stock

If I am reading your post correctly it sounds like you have lost your Layers, Channels and Paths dock. To get it back open up Gimp, go File>Dialogues>Create New Dock>Layers, Channels and Paths. If this does not solve it, or wasn't the problem please reply with some more details.
If you have downloaded the patch correctly it should automatically affect your Gimp program, there will be no obvious differences but it should have already been installed and working.

Sisko

What kind of navigation buttons? Do you mean the Play/Pause/Stop buttons? If not could you please post a screenshot showing which buttons you mean, whether you circle them or highlight them I don't mind, just as long as I know which buttons you are talking about.

Old April 7th, 2008, 05:08 AM

Sisko

What kind of navigation buttons? Do you mean the Play/Pause/Stop buttons? If not could you please post a screenshot showing which buttons you mean, whether you circle them or highlight them I don't mind, just as long as I know which buttons you are talking about.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your prompt response. I don't see an facility to attach an image of what I'm trying to achieve ???

Old April 7th, 2008, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisko
Sisko

What kind of navigation buttons? Do you mean the Play/Pause/Stop buttons? If not could you please post a screenshot showing which buttons you mean, whether you circle them or highlight them I don't mind, just as long as I know which buttons you are talking about.

Thanks for your prompt response. I don't see an facility to attach an image of what I'm trying to achieve ???[/QUOTE]

Hi again,

I found something online to illustrate but I'm not allowed hyperlinks in my post otherwise you should have been able to go directly to it.

If you would mind googling "itunes podcasts + image", click images at the top of the page, the third image on the very first line is a perfect example. It only has two 'arrow buttons' marked Podcasts and Penmachine Podcast-Vancouver, B.C respectively.

That's what I'm tryint to achive. Hope you find it and can help.

Thanks Again.

Old April 7th, 2008, 06:49 PM

Ok, I will start messing around in Gimp and if I get anything similar to what you are looking for I will send you the .xcf version (Image with layers) and I will tell you how I did it. I should have that done by later today.

Old April 8th, 2008, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Ok, I will start messing around in Gimp and if I get anything similar to what you are looking for I will send you the .xcf version (Image with layers) and I will tell you how I did it. I should have that done by later today.

Thanks, I appreciate that

Old June 2nd, 2008, 11:02 AM

Posts: 3 clearcomms User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 21 m 34 sec
I'm trying to open files created in Photoshop, but when I do GIMP gives me this error message - "Cannot handle 16 bits per channel PSD files" and the files won't open.
Am I missing something?
I'm running GIMP 2.4.4. on Win XP Pro

Thanks in advance for any help you can give

Old June 3rd, 2008, 02:29 AM

Gimp cannot support images in the PSD format. If you want an image with its layers still there it will have to be saved as a .xcf file.

Old June 3rd, 2008, 03:53 AM

Posts: 3 clearcomms User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 21 m 34 sec
Quote:
Gimp cannot support images in the PSD format. If you want an image with its layers still there it will have to be saved as a .xcf file.

Thanks for the quick reply but - how can I best put this - you're wrong! :-)

Gimp CAN open some psd images - I have one open in it at the moment. But it won't open the images previously created in Photoshop that I need to work on.

I've seen somewhere notes about a plug-in for 16-bit psd's, and since that's what the image that won't open is, I was hoping someone would know about it.

Hey-ho - I'll just have to remake it from scratch.

Old April 2nd, 2009, 05:25 AM

Posts: 3 cypher000 User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 37 m 47 sec
Help with Gimp

Hi there. I am fairly new to Gimp. I have been having a lot of success, but this problem beats me. I prepare a photo for printing. On the monitor it looks great. In preview it also looks great, but when I finally print it out is is always very much darket, too dark in fact to be pleasing. I have tried to fathom out what it is, but am lost.

I downloaded the Gimp help files and extracted them to my tmp folder, but how do I get the files into Gimp? I cannot see any way to do it. I must explain that I am using Linux. Debian 5.0. Thanks for any help you can give me with these problems. cypher000

Viewing: Tutorialized Forums2D GraphicsGimp > If you need help

Developer Shed Advertisers and Affiliates

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: