Illustrator

Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 
User Name:
Password:
Remember me

Go Back   Tutorialized Forums2D GraphicsIllustrator

Add This Thread To:
  Del.icio.us   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes

Unread Tutorialized Forums Sponsor:
Old June 4th, 2012, 06:03 PM
Tutorialized Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 1 sarahpeller User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 2 m 34 sec
Reputation Power: 0
How to crop an image with another image?

Hello there. I am working on a design in illustrator. I created a half moon shape by overlaying two circles and using the pathfinder to subtract a piece. Now I have some texture I'd like to overlay on the half moon shape. I am open to any ideas as to how I might do this. But right now I'm trying to cut out the half moon shape in the texture, like a cookie-cutter sort of. I can't seem to make the pathfinder do this task. Any ideas on how to make this happen?

Thank you!

Old September 2nd, 2012, 09:29 AM

Posts: 35 cool_jessica User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 10 h 45 m 6 sec
Reputation Power: 6
Use Adobe Photoshop if you want the best professional results. You just have to learn how to properly use the tools in order for the photo to look convincing. If you simply want to crop your image out of the bigger one then you should use the CROP tool (shortcut is "c"), draw the boundary and press enter. this will give you your picture in a smaller frame than the original. if you want to delete parts of this picture, then :
- press "v" to pick the move tool and click and drag your picture over your other background.
- sure you will need to transform (rotate, scale, move) your picture. press "ctrl+T" to get the transform line and small squares around your image. now play with those them press enter.
- if you need to erase some pixels, (the quick easy way, not the professional one), press "E" to select the eraser tool and then click on the areas you want to delete.
-if you want to use transparency , then you will need to be using a MASK, this is more advanced.
Thank you

Old June 7th, 2013, 03:20 AM

Posts: 1 sanpo User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 17 m 43 sec
Reputation Power: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_jessica
Use Adobe Photoshop if you want the best professional results. You just have to learn how to properly use the tools in order for the photo to look convincing. If you simply want to crop your image out of the bigger one then you should use the CROP tool (shortcut is "c"), draw the boundary and press enter. this will give you your picture in a smaller frame than the original. if you want to delete parts of this picture, then :
- press "v" to pick the move tool and click and drag your picture over your other background.
- sure you will need to transform (rotate, scale, move) your picture. press "ctrl+T" to get the transform line and small squares around your image. now play with those them press enter.
- if you need to erase some pixels, (the quick easy way, not the professional one), press "E" to select the eraser tool and then click on the areas you want to delete.
-if you want to use transparency , then you will need to be using a MASK, this is more advanced.
Thank you

@jessica thx for your knowledge.As an idiot in photoshop, I' ve tried so many times though you've posted the steps, and didn't succeed .Eventually ,I have to searchGoogle and find another sulotion

Viewing: Tutorialized Forums2D GraphicsIllustrator > How to crop an image with another image?

Developer Shed Advertisers and Affiliates

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: