Job Openings

Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 
User Name:
Password:
Remember me

Go Back   Tutorialized ForumsThe Sales FloorJob Openings

Add This Thread To:
  Del.icio.us   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes

Unread Tutorialized Forums Sponsor:
Old February 21st, 2017, 02:54 PM
Tutorialized Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 2 Gerry Rzeppa User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 39 m 8 sec
Reputation Power: 0
Programming Padawan Wanted - Beginning Programming

I'm Gerry Rzeppa, Grand Negus of the Osmosian Order of Plain English Programmers. I've written a book for beginning programmers and would like to get some feedback regarding the clarity and quality of the materials.

The book begins with a brief overview of our Integrated Development Environment, then leads the student, step by step, through the coding of a unique application that paints pictures of anything you can imagine in the style of Claude Monet.

I'm looking for someone, preferably with little or no programming experience, who would be willing to follow those instructions and ask any questions that come to mind as he/she does so. I'm willing to pay one US dollar (via Paypal) for every intelligent question you ask.

So if you'd like to learn to program in Plain English (or perhaps learn to program a little differently than you are used to), and make a few bucks as you do, this is the gig for you.

And if you do well and are interested in how a Plain English compiler actually works, you can then join me on my "Compiler Construction" project, described in another thread on this very forum.

Thanks for your consideration. Write me directly if you're interested (gerry.rzeppa@pobox.com). I'm looking forward to hearing from just the right person.

Gerry

PS. If you're wondering what Plain English "code" looks like, here's the top-level routine from our Integrated Development Environment:

To run:
Start up.
Initialize.
Handle events.
Finalize.
Shut down.

And here's a type definition with a couple of lower-level routines from the same program:

A button is a thing with a roundy box and a name.

To draw some buttons:
Get a button from the buttons.
If the button is nil, exit.
Draw the button.
Repeat.

To draw a button:
If the button is nil, exit.
Unmask everything.
Draw the button's roundy box with the black color and the white color.
Mask outside the button's roundy box.
Draw the button's name in the button's roundy box with the black color and the default font and "center".

Last edited by Gerry Rzeppa : February 21st, 2017 at 03:00 PM.

Viewing: Tutorialized ForumsThe Sales FloorJob Openings > Programming Padawan Wanted - Beginning Programming

Developer Shed Advertisers and Affiliates

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: