Job Openings

Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 
User Name:
Password:
Remember me

Go Back   Tutorialized ForumsThe Sales FloorJob Openings

Add This Thread To:
  Del.icio.us   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes

Unread Tutorialized Forums Sponsor:
Old February 21st, 2017, 02:45 PM
Tutorialized Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 2 Gerry Rzeppa User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 39 m 8 sec
Reputation Power: 0
Programming Padawan Wanted - Compiler Construction

I'm Gerry Rzeppa, Grand Negus of the Osmosian Order of Plain English Programmers. I'm writing a book about compiler construction and would like to try it out on someone, step by step. So if you're a programmer who is interested in writing compilers, this just might be the gig for you. Not only will you learn all about compilers, but you'll be paid one dollar (via Paypal) for every intelligent question you ask about each step. I'm anticipating about 300 steps in all.

Some programming experience, a computer with Windows (any version), and a printer are required. Writing a compiler is not difficult, but it is tedious, so if you're not really interested in the subject, you'll never make it through.

If you're wondering what Plain English programming looks like, here's the top-level routine in our Integrated Development Environment:

To run:
Start up.
Initialize.
Handle events.
Finalize.
Shut down.

And here's a low-level routine from our compiler:

To transmogrify a fragment (repeat):
Find another fragment given the fragment and the loop tag (backwards).
If the other fragment is nil, abort with "Internal error - transmogrify a fragment (repeat)"; exit.
Attach $E9 and the other fragment's address to the fragment. \ jmp to the destination's address

If you're interested in the gig, write me directly (gerry.rzeppa@pobox.com) and tell me a little about your programming experience and why you want to learn about compilers. Extra credit if you think the following joke is funny, and can tell me why:

"There are 10 kinds of people; those who understand the binary number system, and those who don't."

Thanks! I'm looking forward to working with just the right person...

Viewing: Tutorialized ForumsThe Sales FloorJob Openings > Programming Padawan Wanted - Compiler Construction

Developer Shed Advertisers and Affiliates

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: