Lightwave 3D

Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 
User Name:
Password:
Remember me

Go Back   Tutorialized Forums3D GraphicsLightwave 3D

Add This Thread To:
  Del.icio.us   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes

Unread Tutorialized Forums Sponsor:
Old June 22nd, 2005, 11:26 AM
Contributing User
Tutorialized Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 5 yuri New User: is a brand new recruit and a unknown entity at this point. 
Time spent in forums: < 1 sec
Reputation Power: 0
Send a message via MSN to yuri
Lightwave?

Can anyone tell me if Lightwave is just as good as Max or Maya?
Does it have the same possibillities, capacity, flexibillity?

Thanx in advance...

Yuri

Old June 22nd, 2005, 03:34 PM
Contributing User

Posts: 57 nIvelyx New User: is a brand new recruit and a unknown entity at this point. 
Lightwave...

I haven't used this program extensively, but from what I did do (organic and inorganics) it seemed to offer the same sorts of capabilities, but with less intensity (probably because I never bothered learning how to navigate LW very well; I was using LW7 at the time).

Don't take my word for it though...I might be a bit bias, considering I've used all 4 of the major graphical programs (Lightwave, SoftImage, Maya and Max), and to this day I haven't found anything that I can't do in Max alone-- although, Softimage has a bunch of things that I like (see: getting rid of depreciated buttons that existed in version 1.0, unlike Smax :lol , but that's a whole different discussion.

I've said this before, but with each of the programs it mostly comes down to personal preference and/or whatever tool your company or team is using to develop their software with.

I don't know your capabilities or what you've done, but if you're a beginner to 3D, Max would probably be your best bet, as there are myriad tutorials available on Max (I'm even writing one currently), and you'll find that 80% of the time if you encounter a problem with Max, you'll be able to find help quick.

Plus, If you know max scripting, you can add capabilities to expand your workflow.

Lightwave isn't a bad peice of the pie though, you'll experience the same result with LW as you would with XSI, Smax, or Maya. Again, it's not really about the program, it's about what your skills are and how well you know how to use the program to model what you want.

Old September 22nd, 2005, 06:11 PM
Contributing User

Posts: 5 yuri New User: is a brand new recruit and a unknown entity at this point. 
Send a message via MSN to yuri
Thanks a lot nIvelyx!

I've recently started a course in Lightwave, but I don't think I will throw Max overboard!

Thanks for the advice

Greetz, Yuri

Old June 16th, 2007, 03:02 AM
Contributing User

Posts: 30 mau_mostudio User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 2 h 35 m 37 sec
Reputation Power: 11
It is so good to work with

Viewing: Tutorialized Forums3D GraphicsLightwave 3D > Lightwave?

Developer Shed Advertisers and Affiliates

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: