Maya

Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 
User Name:
Password:
Remember me

Go Back   Tutorialized Forums3D GraphicsMaya

Add This Thread To:
  Del.icio.us   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes

Unread Tutorialized Forums Sponsor:
Old July 7th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Tutorialized Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 1 neoLuddite User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 51 sec
Reputation Power: 0
Exclamation 3D paint texture tool/UV mapping difficulties (rather urgent!)

Hello, I'm new to this forum (indeed forums in general) and thank everyone in advance who reads this and might be able to help. If a solution is to be found, it will add years onto my life!
Will try to be concise: I am using Maya 2012, student version on a mac platform (macbook pro late 2008) to complete my masters dissertation, which is a short animation comprising digital 3d illustrations of two obstetric dolls. I have split each doll into quick select sets of all four limbs, body and head, and I have UV mapped each resultant selection group, and all I need to do now is use the 3D paint texture tool to paint landmarks on the object (already shaded with a simple coloured lambert) so I can see where everything is when I bring the UV maps into photoshop.The features of the dolls are quite subtle, but include alot of folds and such, and it has to be all very accurate. I am relatively new to Maya (well, completely new, but have been doing graphic design for years so fairly computer literate, and have come a fair way with Maya already). However. This 3d paint texture tool is totally besting me. At first I didn't get an error message, the tool just refuses to paint on the object surface (have tried object, face, UVs and edges mode), now I get an error message (which makes me hopeful) that 'some surfaces have no file texture assigned to the current attribute'. However all of the surfaces have been textured with the lambert (I repeated this, also closed and reopened just to be sure.)
My Maya instructor who originally said this was all doable has (it turns out) never done UVmaps for photoshop, and therefore I'm in the lurch with my dissertation due in two weeks. So any any any advice would be unbelievably appreciated. I can send screen shots if necessary, of the maya files and the texture photos.

Again, thank you so much in advance, to anyone and everyone out there!

Viewing: Tutorialized Forums3D GraphicsMaya > 3D paint texture tool/UV mapping difficulties (rather urgent!)

Developer Shed Advertisers and Affiliates

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: