Maya

Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 
User Name:
Password:
Remember me

Go Back   Tutorialized Forums3D GraphicsMaya

Add This Thread To:
  Del.icio.us   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes

Unread Tutorialized Forums Sponsor:
Old July 31st, 2011, 05:25 AM
Tutorialized Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 2 gundz User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 2 m 40 sec
Reputation Power: 0
How do I render very large images in Maya?

Hi, I'm new to this forum and need some urgent help!

Does anyone know how to render out really large single frame images in Maya 2010? I'm sure it's called something like Render Tile. This renders the frame into lots of segments which can be stuck back together in Photoshop. The image I need to render is about 2m x 2m at 300 dpi poster.

I have rendered images at 13000x13000px before with normal batch render, but I think the scene I'm working on now is going to cause issues as it's quite complicated with a large amount of polygons. I'm trying to render using Maya Software and raytracing.

I have seen a few people talking about using Mel script to achieve the render tile, but I just can't seem to get it to work. e.g.

render -r mr -reg 1 1499 1 999 -im part1 F:\My-docs\maya\projects\QQR\scenes\Warehouse\scene.mb
render -r mr -reg 1500 2999 1 999 -im part2 F:\My-docs\maya\projects\QQR\scenes\Warehouse\scene.mb
render -r mr -reg 1 1499 1000 1999 -im part2 F:\My-docs\maya\projects\QQR\scenes\Warehouse\scene.mb
render -r mr -reg 1500 2999 1000 1999 -im part2 F:\My-docs\maya\projects\QQR\scenes\Warehouse\scene.mb

I get the following error when running this in Script Editor:

// Error: render -r mr -reg 1 1499 1 999 -im part1 F:\My-docs\maya\projects\QQR\scenes\Warehouse\scene.mb
//
// Error: Syntax error //

Can someone explain step by step exactly how to do this. I haven't used Mel script before, so I'm not even sure I'm placing the script in the correct location!

Many thanks.

Dan

Old August 2nd, 2011, 02:15 AM

Posts: 2 nancy83 User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 19 m 2 sec
setup Render large size in Maya

Hi Gunz!
I have know a little bit experience of Maya. Hope will help you in your problem.
Could you please set up following me:
1. To exporting the large photo for using in the photoshop. You can increase the dpi and decrease the size of photo example: you want to export size: 2mx2m with 300 dpi. It will be make heavy for computer. You should to match with: 0.5mx0.5m with 1200dpi. Chose the type of photo: Tiff (this kind is not heavy bez tiff use the same pixel count is a unit.)
2. Have to check in Raytracing: if you have use the material have reflected in model
3. Have to check in Motion blur: if you want to action photo is smooth and blur.
4. Check in Premultiply if you want to be sharp in photo. this case will easy to make the black outline for photo. Otherwise, If you want to export transparent, don't check it.
5. When you finishing the set up. Render/ Batch Render: it's chosing the speed of render quicker. If your computer 4x it will appear the box:
- Render Thread: 7
- Ram: 7000 ( if your computer 8GZ, you just chose 7 GZ)
----> Speed priority quicker than.

I'm Vietnamese. So My English is not fluently. I hope you can understand.
If you need to understand more. Don't hersitate to tell me.
Good luck

Thanks,
Nancy

Old August 2nd, 2011, 02:48 AM

Posts: 2 nancy83 User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 19 m 2 sec
setup Render large size in Maya

Hi Gunz!
I have know a little bit experience of Maya. Hope will help you in your problem.
Could you please set up following me:
1. To exporting the large photo for using in the photoshop. You can increase the dpi and decrease the size of photo example: you want to export size: 2mx2m with 300 dpi. It will be make heavy for computer. You should to match with: 0.5mx0.5m with 1200dpi. Chose the type of photo: Tiff (this kind is not heavy bez tiff use the same pixel count is a unit.)
2. Have to check in Raytracing: if you have use the material have reflected in model
3. Have to check in Motion blur: if you want to action photo is smooth and blur.
4. Check in Premultiply if you want to be sharp in photo. this case will easy to make the black outline for photo. Otherwise, If you want to export transparent, don't check it.
5. When you finishing the set up. Render/ Batch Render: it's chosing the speed of render quicker. If your computer 4x it will appear the box:
- Render Thread: 7
- Ram: 7000 ( if your computer 8GZ, you just chose 7 GZ)
----> Speed priority quicker than.

I'm Vietnamese. So My English is not fluently. I hope you can understand.
If you need to understand more. Don't hersitate to tell me.
Good luck

Thanks,
Nancy

Old August 2nd, 2011, 06:10 AM

Posts: 2 gundz User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 2 m 40 sec
Thanks for your message, I think that should certainly help speed up a single batch render. Cheers.

Viewing: Tutorialized Forums3D GraphicsMaya > How do I render very large images in Maya?

Developer Shed Advertisers and Affiliates

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: