MS Access

Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 
User Name:
Password:
Remember me

Go Back   Tutorialized ForumsDatabasesMS Access

Add This Thread To:
  Del.icio.us   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes

Unread Tutorialized Forums Sponsor:
Old October 24th, 2017, 05:37 AM
Tutorialized Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 0 DCinFrance User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 26 m 29 sec
Reputation Power: 0
Access macros

It really is making me crazy. Please, for the sake of my family, could someone possibly have some insight?

I have a form, it has a subform in continuous forms. On the detail lines I have a button, with a macro to load a popup form. In the macro, I have a where condition such that data on the detail line is used to drive the data on the popup.

It has been working fine. For weeks on end. Suddenly, I click it today and the circle spins for a second...then...nothing. No popup.

You would be right to ask, what did you do? Of course my response would be "nothing". However, the other day I split the database to put the back end on a server. That worked wonderfully...accept for this now.

Here's the macro on the button:

OpenForm

Form Name sfrmOSRCmtgs Friends
View Form
Filter Name
Where Condition = ="[FRDS_osrc]=" & [OSR_ID]
Data Mode
Window Mode Normal

That's it, and like I said, it was working beautifully. Anyone see any clues or hints?

Old November 16th, 2017, 07:02 AM

Posts: 0 sandra142 User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 6 m 54 sec
Macro Not Working Error

Few days back when i am using the macros in my MS Access application. I rendered through the following issue:

Macro Not Working Error

I have search several sites for the solution and finally got the fixes from this. You can also try these fixes and easily this access error, so have a look over the solution:
Quote:
accessrepairnrecovery.com/blog/how-to-fix-microsoft-access-error-2950

Old November 16th, 2017, 07:14 AM

Posts: 0 DCinFrance User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 26 m 29 sec
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandra142
Few days back when i am using the macros in my MS Access application. I rendered through the following issue:

Macro Not Working Error

I have search several sites for the solution and finally got the fixes from this. You can also try these fixes and easily this access error, so have a look over the solution:

Thanks. I've since learned more, but still have no clue why this is happening. What I've discovered is that somehow the popup form got saved with the filter. I clear out the filter, and it starts working again. Then, a little down the road, it does it again. I clear the filter from the properties field and we're back in action. So far, I've seen no rhyme nor reason to it. I don't save the form. What I have found is that the filter is the one for which I just selected. That is, it tries to load the filter with the filter in the macro, saves the form, and closes the macro. Then it doesn't work anymore until I clear it. Then it works. I can close the parent form. Restart. Still works. Close Access, restart, still works. Close access, come back the next day, sometimes it works on the first try, other times I have to clear the filter before it will work again. The filter is coming from the Where clause in the macro. I guess it's just an access bug.

Viewing: Tutorialized ForumsDatabasesMS Access > Access macros

Developer Shed Advertisers and Affiliates

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: