MS Access

Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 
User Name:
Password:
Remember me

Go Back   Tutorialized ForumsDatabasesMS Access

Add This Thread To:
  Del.icio.us   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes

Unread Tutorialized Forums Sponsor:
Old April 27th, 2016, 12:59 PM
Tutorialized Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 1 missbrunette3 User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 20 m 22 sec
Reputation Power: 0
MS Access Updating a Form from Multiple Tables

Hello! I want to say I am a novice a Access and have very few understandings of code. I also can only tweak the db so much as this is a work db and I am not really supposed to change things unless I have to.

I have 3 tables each with matching primary keys and each contributing their own values (columns) as well. Each table has a site number (row) having the same primary keys as the other, however, each table also has its own information. The tables are summary, enviro, and history.

The form is made up of the relationship of all 3 tables.

I have reserved a site number in the summary table as I was told. I now need to update the information that has come back for that site in all 3 tables or more specifically in the form so it shows in all 3 tables.

If I have to enter information separately in all 3 tables that will take longer and I am unsure to whether it will create problems in the db.

I would like to just open the form and enter all the information there. When I go to number filter and filter for the site the form comes up empty (I assume because the relationship with all 3 tables is not present at the moment).

Is there an easier way to do this other then entering all the information separately in all 3 tables? And if I do enter it separately will that cause problems for query's in the future?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Old June 13th, 2017, 02:17 AM
Tutorialized Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 0 edwards142 User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 19 m 6 sec
Reputation Power: 0
“Could not delete from the specified tables” access error:

When i rendered through issues like “Could not delete from the specified tables” in my Access database. i have tried manual solution. For the successful deletion of records using a delete query you must have to pass this criteria:
 Joints two tables that have a one-to-one relationship.
 Uses a single table that doesn’t have a relationship to any other table.
 Uses a table that is one the “one” side of a one-to-many relationship, and cascading delete is allowed for that relationship.
 Contains both the table on the “one” side of a one-to-many relationship and the table on the “many” side of that relationship.

For more information you can visit on access repair and recovery :
Code:
www.accessrepairnrecovery.com/?utm_source=frm&utm_medium=ref&utm_campaign=bl

Last edited by edwards142 : June 13th, 2017 at 02:23 AM.

Viewing: Tutorialized ForumsDatabasesMS Access > MS Access Updating a Form from Multiple Tables

Developer Shed Advertisers and Affiliates

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: