MS FrontPage

Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 
User Name:
Password:
Remember me

Go Back   Tutorialized ForumsWeb Design & DevelopmentMS FrontPage

Add This Thread To:
  Del.icio.us   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes

Unread Tutorialized Forums Sponsor:
Old October 8th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Tutorialized Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 5 atombaum User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 1 h 49 m 34 sec
Reputation Power: 0
FP 2000 can't open web files

I was publishing my web (as I have done since about 2001) with FP2000 yesterday morning, but at one point, it became sluggish. The next time I tried to edit the same file, FP would not open it, or any other files in this particular web. The web size is now just over 1Gb. It has been slowly growing since 2001.

I have another, smaller web that still works fine. This tells me the installation of FP is OK.

I zipped the contents of the large web on the server, and made two disks, and imported the files to the Win98SE system, but without luck. This seems to indicate it is not a problem with the files per se.

I kicked off the new web creation, and came back later. The message on the screen was that it ran out of memory - but the hidden FP folders (_vti_cnf, _vti_pvt) were there. Still, FP would not open any file in that directory structure.

Should I try creating smaller, sub-webs? I've never done that and don't want to make matters worse by shooting in the dark.

p.s. I just tried opening a file again, and I got a pop-up that said, "ENCMONTR Out of memory." At least the file opened. Another page caused FP to crash.

more info...

When I just tried using FP2000 to open the web's unzipped files (without the FP extensions) in another folder, it worked fine. There must be something wrong with a config file in the real "web" folder. i.e. basic files are not a problem - unless the extensions are loaded.

I have nine sub-folders in the main web. Should I start creating a "web" out of each of the sub-folders and publish the site like that from now on? As long as the folder structure stays the same, the links should still work, correct?

Old October 9th, 2013, 12:23 PM

Posts: 5 atombaum User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 1 h 49 m 34 sec
forum page views

I see an incredible number of page views on the various questions in this forum (some in the hundreds), but few have any replies. Seems odd. I guess I shouldn't hit refresh every hour.

Last edited by atombaum : October 9th, 2013 at 12:28 PM.

Old October 18th, 2013, 06:20 AM

Posts: 11 Renegade35 User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 1 h 2 m 11 sec
You could create a new site folder somewhere else on your computer. E.g. C:\NewWebsite.
Open FP. Click File>Open Site and browse to the location of your newly created folder. This should put a new copy of the FP created folders in this location.

Close FP.

Go to your original folder using Windows Explorer. Copy and paste all the content *Excluding the FP created folders* to your NewWebsite folder and reopen FP.

PS... I did notice the number of replies to question on this forum and thought I'd try and fix while I wait for some help with my own, lol.

Old March 9th, 2014, 12:31 PM

Posts: 1 gene washer User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 12 m 38 sec
425 data connection error that won't let me publilsh my site

I keep getting getting a 425 data connection error that won't let me publish my site. I've been publishing it for 10 years. I thought maybe my front page had been corrupted. so reinstalled it and it still gave me the same error. I them upgraded to windows 7 and still get the same error. I've disabled the firewalls, still no luck. Can't seem to find anyone who knows what the problem might be...help and thanks

Viewing: Tutorialized ForumsWeb Design & DevelopmentMS FrontPage > FP 2000 can't open web files

Developer Shed Advertisers and Affiliates

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: