MySQL

Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 
User Name:
Password:
Remember me

Go Back   Tutorialized ForumsDatabasesMySQL

Add This Thread To:
  Del.icio.us   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes

Unread Tutorialized Forums Sponsor:
Old January 1st, 2014, 05:51 PM
Tutorialized Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 1 johnnygrr User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 1 m 21 sec
Reputation Power: 0
PHP Page populated by MySQL dropdowns

Hello,

I am trying to write a script to display records from an SQL database, but based on three variables which are set by three dropdown boxes on the page which are auto-populated from the database.

This is for a Learning Management System I am working on to provide effective feedback from online learning tests.

The code I am currently working on is below, along with the pseudo code which I hope will explain my requirements. The problem I am having is I cannot get the dropdown boxes to populate based on the criteria I have set in my pseudo code.

Any help is very much appreciated,
Thank you

John

Code:
// I used this article for the structure of the following script: 
http://forums.devarticles.com/mysql-development-50/drop-down-menu-populated-from-a-mysql-database-1811.html 

// Dropdown Box 1 - Choose the course - Show entries from the column "Name" from table "mdl_scorm". Once an option has been selected set variable $coursechoice to the value in the "id" column of the "mdl_scorm" table 

// Dropdown Box 2 - Choose the user - Show entries from the columns "firstname" + "lastname" from table "mdl_user" IF the number shown in the "id" column of table "mdl_user" is present in the "userid" column of table "mdl_scorm_scoes_track" AND IF $coursechoice is present in the "scormid" column of table "mdl_scorm_scoes_track". Once an option has been selected set variable $userchoice to the value in the "id" column of table "mdl_user" 

// Dropdown Box 3 - Choose the attempt - Show entries from the column "attempt" from table "mdl_scorm_scoes_track" IF $coursechoice is present in the "scormid" column of the table "mdl_scorm_scoes_track" AND IF $userchoice is present in the "userid" column of table "mdl_scorm_scoes_track". Once an option has been selected set variable $attemptchoice to the value in the "attempt" column from table "mdl_scorm_scoes_track" 

// Submit button displays the records from table "mdl_scorm_scoes_track" which have a value in the column "scormid" which matches $coursechoice AND have a value in the column "userid" which matches $userchoice AND have a value in the column "attempt" which matches $attemptchoice 

$sql="SELECT name FROM mdl_scorm"; 
$result=mysql_query($sql); 

$options=""; 

while ($row=mysql_fetch_array($result)) { 

$id=$row["id"]; 
$thing=$row["name"]; 
$options.="<OPTION VALUE=\"$id\">".$thing; 
} 
?> 
<SELECT NAME=course> 
<OPTION VALUE=0>Choose the course 
<?=$options?> 
</SELECT> 
<?php 

$sql="SELECT username FROM mdl_user"; 

$options=""; 

$id=$row["id"]; 
$thing=$row["name"]; 
} 
?> 
<SELECT NAME=user> 
<OPTION VALUE=0>Choose the user 
<?=$options?> 
</SELECT> 
<?php 

$sql="SELECT attempt FROM mdl_scorm_scoes_track"; 

$options=""; 

$id=$row["id"]; 
$thing=$row["name"]; 
} 
?> 
<SELECT NAME=attempt> 
<OPTION VALUE=0>Choose the attempt 
<?=$options?> 
</SELECT> 
<?php 

$finalresult = SELECT element, value FROM mdl_scorm_scoes_track WHERE scormid=$coursechoice AND userid=$userchoice AND attempt=$attemptchoice 
while ($testrows = mysqli_fetch_array($finalresult)){ 
echo $testrows['value'];

Viewing: Tutorialized ForumsDatabasesMySQL > PHP Page populated by MySQL dropdowns

Developer Shed Advertisers and Affiliates

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: