Paint Shop Pro

Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 
User Name:
Password:
Remember me

Go Back   Tutorialized Forums2D GraphicsPaint Shop Pro

Add This Thread To:
  Del.icio.us   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes

Unread Tutorialized Forums Sponsor:
Old May 10th, 2015, 03:30 PM
Tutorialized Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 3 Chuckabutty User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 13 m 28 sec
Reputation Power: 0
Drawing a circle

Using Paintshop Pro X6. I can't draw a circle or elipse and set the thickness of the line. I can set the thickness of the line in the various shapes and in squares and rectangles. The tools to set the thickness are not displayed when I create a circle. I can create a circle or elipse of only one pixel in width.

Old May 24th, 2015, 11:05 AM
Contributing User

Posts: 80 see3 User rank is Private First Class (20 - 50 Reputation Level)see3 User rank is Private First Class (20 - 50 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 4 Days 20 h 7 m 47 sec
Reputation Power: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckabutty
Using Paintshop Pro X6. I can't draw a circle or elipse and set the thickness of the line. I can set the thickness of the line in the various shapes and in squares and rectangles. The tools to set the thickness are not displayed when I create a circle. I can create a circle or elipse of only one pixel in width.

FWIW: I use psp 9 and can't set the thickness of the line for any shape; from the Shape Options Palettes. However -

This suggestion works for me and probably will work for X6 as well.

Click on the Ellipse Tool then go to your Materials Palette. (Press F6 if not visable)

The Materials Palette is used for shapes, as well as text and the setup is the same for both.

Note: If you want to make the Materials Palette colors or options specific for each tool that uses it, (i.e. other shape groups, text, etc.), then uncheck the All Tools box. On the Materials Palette.

Now, on the left portion of the Materials Palette, click on the color you want your Ellipse outline to be. This color will appear in the top box (Foreground) at the right of the palette. Go to the bottom box (Background) at the right of the palette and click the circle with the diagonal line through it. The color in this box will change to a circle with a diagonal line through it. (Transparent)

Now on the Ellipse Tool Options Palette, (press F4 if not visable), set Line Style to Solid and Width to whatever you want.

1.00 = 1 pixel, 3.00 = 3 pixels, etc.

If you want the edges of your shape to be less obvious, check Anti-alias. If you prefer the crisp look, uncheck it.

Old May 24th, 2015, 11:18 AM

Posts: 3 Chuckabutty User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Quote:
Originally Posted by see3
FWIW: I use psp 9 and can't set the thickness of the line for any shape; from the Shape Options Palettes. However -

This suggestion works for me and probably will work for X6 as well.

Click on the Ellipse Tool then go to your Materials Palette. (Press F6 if not visable)

The Materials Palette is used for shapes, as well as text and the setup is the same for both.

Note: If you want to make the Materials Palette colors or options specific for each tool that uses it, (i.e. other shape groups, text, etc.), then uncheck the All Tools box. On the Materials Palette.

Now, on the left portion of the Materials Palette, click on the color you want your Ellipse outline to be. This color will appear in the top box (Foreground) at the right of the palette. Go to the bottom box (Background) at the right of the palette and click the circle with the diagonal line through it. The color in this box will change to a circle with a diagonal line through it. (Transparent)

Now on the Ellipse Tool Options Palette, (press F4 if not visable), set Line Style to Solid and Width to whatever you want.

1.00 = 1 pixel, 3.00 = 3 pixels, etc.

If you want the edges of your shape to be less obvious, check Anti-alias. If you prefer the crisp look, uncheck it.

Thank you for the information, my friend. I did everything you said and still could not find the tools for line type and thickness. It's there for the other shapes, just not for circles and elipses. Then I noticed a sideways caret at the far right of the menu bar. I dragged it to the left and found the tools I needed. I don't even know how it disappeared over there, but at least I know how to get it back if it goes away again. Again, my thanks for your reply.

Old May 25th, 2015, 07:07 AM
Contributing User

Posts: 80 see3 User rank is Private First Class (20 - 50 Reputation Level)see3 User rank is Private First Class (20 - 50 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 4 Days 20 h 7 m 47 sec
Reputation Power: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckabutty
Thank you for the information, my friend. I did everything you said and still could not find the tools for line type and thickness. It's there for the other shapes, just not for circles and elipses. Then I noticed a sideways caret at the far right of the menu bar. I dragged it to the left and found the tools I needed. I don't even know how it disappeared over there, but at least I know how to get it back if it goes away again. Again, my thanks for your reply.

You're welcome, Chuckabutty and we both learned something as well.

You found hidden Tool Options and I (finally) learned how to set the Shape Tool Options Palette. All of my shapes were still set at default. Which meant, when i drew a circle, ellipse, square or rectangle, it appeared as a solid blue color. With no blank center; like i was expecting. The outline was there; I just couldn't see it because it was the same color as the fill or background color. I never made the connection, between the Shape Tool Options Palette and the Materials Palette.

So basically this first sentence of mine is false -
Quote:
I use psp 9 and can't set the thickness of the line for any shape; from the Shape Options Palettes.

------------------

If you want this outline-only look when using the Preset Shape Tool; uncheck Retain Style on the Preset Shape Tool Options Palette.

Old May 25th, 2015, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by see3
You're welcome, Chuckabutty and we both learned something as well.

You found hidden Tool Options and I (finally) learned how to set the Shape Tool Options Palette. All of my shapes were still set at default. Which meant, when i drew a circle, ellipse, square or rectangle, it appeared as a solid blue color. With no blank center; like i was expecting. The outline was there; I just couldn't see it because it was the same color as the fill or background color. I never made the connection, between the Shape Tool Options Palette and the Materials Palette.

So basically this first sentence of mine is false -

------------------

If you want this outline-only look when using the Preset Shape Tool; uncheck Retain Style on the Preset Shape Tool Options Palette.

Ya done good, see3! This forum is a great place to learn from one another. Yes, I know what you mean about shapes because I learned more about them, yesterday, after reading your words. For instance, when creating the pentagon, I found I could give it as many sides as I liked, thus turning it into a hexagon or whatever. We all have our frustrating moments.

Viewing: Tutorialized Forums2D GraphicsPaint Shop Pro > Drawing a circle

Developer Shed Advertisers and Affiliates

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: