Paint Shop Pro

Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 
User Name:
Password:
Remember me

Go Back   Tutorialized Forums2D GraphicsPaint Shop Pro

Add This Thread To:
  Del.icio.us   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes

Unread Tutorialized Forums Sponsor:
Old December 21st, 2014, 02:29 PM
Tutorialized Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 1 Perry the Pom User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 1 h 20 m 49 sec
Reputation Power: 0
Edit Selection problem

G'day,
When I try to paint with my Paint Brush after I have selected Edit Selection. I cannot paint over the whole image only one part of it. It seem like I have selected a square or oblong as I end up with straight edges and cannot go any further. How can I rectify this so that I can paint over the whole image. Have I pressed something I should not have?
Many thanks Perry

Old May 22nd, 2015, 08:39 AM
Contributing User
Tutorialized Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 80 see3 User rank is Private First Class (20 - 50 Reputation Level)see3 User rank is Private First Class (20 - 50 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 4 Days 20 h 7 m 47 sec
Reputation Power: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry the Pom
G'day,
When I try to paint with my Paint Brush after I have selected Edit Selection. I cannot paint over the whole image only one part of it. It seem like I have selected a square or oblong as I end up with straight edges and cannot go any further. How can I rectify this so that I can paint over the whole image. Have I pressed something I should not have?
Many thanks Perry

G'day Perry,

Note: These suggestions apply to non-Vector images or layers.

I use PSP9 and this sounds like you have more than 1 layer on your image. Check your Layers Palette - (Press F8 if it's not visable)

Remedy 1 - Flatten the image. In the Main Menu click Layers, then Merge, then Merge All (Flatten).

Remedy 2 - If you have more than 1 layer... the high-lighted layer, in the Layers Palette, is the one you are painting on. If it's not at the top of the list... you need to make a new layer and move it to the top.

Very easy. Just click the high-lighted layer and drag/drop into your image. It becomes a new Raster Layer, on the Layers Palette and it's high-lighted. Now click and drag this new layer to the top of the Layers Palette list.

Go to the Main Menu and click Edit then Clear. Now you have an empty layer to paint on.

Cheers -
Comments on this post
Will-O-The-Wisp agrees: Thanks for helping out here!

Last edited by see3 : May 23rd, 2015 at 04:00 AM. Reason: typo

Viewing: Tutorialized Forums2D GraphicsPaint Shop Pro > Edit Selection problem

Developer Shed Advertisers and Affiliates

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: