Paint Shop Pro

Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 
User Name:
Password:
Remember me

Go Back   Tutorialized Forums2D GraphicsPaint Shop Pro

Add This Thread To:
  Del.icio.us   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes

Unread Tutorialized Forums Sponsor:
Old March 1st, 2017, 11:52 AM
Tutorialized Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 4 sloan User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 25 m 52 sec
Reputation Power: 0
Help

I am a newbie and not very computer savy. I just bought Paintshop pro and accidentally closed the whole right side of the screen (where the paint palate is and where the layers should be. How do I restore that whole side? I tried to use Corel's tech support and was so frustrated I decided to reach out to you here. I am sorry I am not more experienced, but I am despatate.

Old March 5th, 2017, 05:46 PM
Contributing User

Posts: 80 see3 User rank is Private First Class (20 - 50 Reputation Level)see3 User rank is Private First Class (20 - 50 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 4 Days 20 h 7 m 47 sec
Reputation Power: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloan
I am a newbie and not very computer savy. I just bought Paintshop pro and accidentally closed the whole right side of the screen (where the paint palate is and where the layers should be. How do I restore that whole side? I tried to use Corel's tech support and was so frustrated I decided to reach out to you here. I am sorry I am not more experienced, but I am despatate.

Hi sloan,

I use PSP 9 but this may help.

Try resetting your preferences.

Open your Paintshop Pro.

Now in the Main Menu click: File > Preferences > Reset Preferences.

This should give you the default screen.

My default screen, using PSP 9, shows the following Palettes on the right side:

Materials
Overview
Layers
History

Hope this helps.

FWIW: Listing your PSP version, somewhere in the title or text, may help you (possibly get) better answers and sooner as well.

Old March 6th, 2017, 09:18 AM

Thank you for the help!

Hi. Thank you for getting back to me. I appreciate the help. I hope you have a great day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by see3
Hi sloan,

I use PSP 9 but this may help.

Try resetting your preferences.

Open your Paintshop Pro.

Now in the Main Menu click: File > Preferences > Reset Preferences.

This should give you the default screen.

My default screen, using PSP 9, shows the following Palettes on the right side:

Materials
Overview
Layers
History

Hope this helps.

FWIW: Listing your PSP version, somewhere in the title or text, may help you (possibly get) better answers and sooner as well.

Old March 7th, 2017, 12:41 PM
Contributing User

Posts: 80 see3 User rank is Private First Class (20 - 50 Reputation Level)see3 User rank is Private First Class (20 - 50 Reputation Level) 
Quote:
Hi. Thank you for getting back to me. I appreciate the help. I hope you have a great day!

Hi again sloan,

Resetting Preferences is a last-resort kind of thing because everything is reset. You lose any settings you may have changed etc.

My suggestion to Reset Preferences was based on your 'newbie' experience in using Paintshop Pro.
So I presumed you had not changed very many settings... that you couldn't afford to lose.

As you get more experienced, using Paintshop Pro, you may want to save a Workspace.

In Jasc PSP 9, my image editor, I click: File > Workspace > Save.

In the dialog box I uncheck: Include Open Images and under New Workspace Name, I put something that reminds me of what I changed.

Like: added Drop Shadow to menu 03-07-17.

Currently I have 4 saved Workspaces plus Default.

IMO the date is the most important because it reminds me of how long ago I saved a Workspace.

Last edited by see3 : March 7th, 2017 at 12:50 PM. Reason: changed wording

Old March 8th, 2017, 09:23 AM

Thank you so much See3.

Quote:
Hi again sloan,

Resetting Preferences is a last-resort kind of thing because everything is reset. You lose any settings you may have changed etc.

My suggestion to Reset Preferences was based on your 'newbie' experience in using Paintshop Pro.
So I presumed you had not changed very many settings... that you couldn't afford to lose.

As you get more experienced, using Paintshop Pro, you may want to save a Workspace.

In Jasc PSP 9, my image editor, I click: File > Workspace > Save.

In the dialog box I uncheck: Include Open Images and under New Workspace Name, I put something that reminds me of what I changed.

Like: added Drop Shadow to menu 03-07-17.

Currently I have 4 saved Workspaces plus Default.

IMO the date is the most important because it reminds me of how long ago I saved a Workspace.

Thanks See3. It's nice to know there is help for a computer newbie to be found. Paintshop pro's tech support is worthless basically. There is no phone support or immediate way to get help when one is in the middle of trying to do something. Thank again for getting back to me.

Old March 8th, 2017, 12:30 PM
Contributing User

Quote:
Thanks See3. It's nice to know there is help for a computer newbie to be found. Paintshop pro's tech support is worthless basically. There is no phone support or immediate way to get help when one is in the middle of trying to do something. Thank again for getting back to me.

You're welcome, sloan and feel free to come back with any other Paintshop Pro issues you may have.

My Jasc Paint Shop Pro 9 is probably light-years behind your version. You could possibly have X9 or X9 Ultimate?

Corel's tech support is terrible. I tried X3, a while back and couldn't even get it to install. After three attempts I sent the POS back.

As far as computer issues? You probably know more about computers than I do.

For all of my computer problems, issues, questions, I go to: DonationCoder.com; in the Living Room section.

Nice bunch of geeks... if you know your acronyms.

Last edited by see3 : March 8th, 2017 at 04:34 PM.

Old March 9th, 2017, 08:18 AM

Thanks

Quote:
You're welcome, sloan and feel free to come back with any other Paintshop Pro issues you may have.

My Jasc Paint Shop Pro 9 is probably light-years behind your version. You could possibly have X9 or X9 Ultimate?

Corel's tech support is terrible. I tried X3, a while back and couldn't even get it to install. After three attempts I sent the POS back.

As far as computer issues? You probably know more about computers than I do.

For all of my computer problems, issues, questions, I go to: DonationCoder.com; in the Living Room section.

Nice bunch of geeks... if you know your acronyms.

You are so sweet. I really appreciate what you said. If I have any other questions I will definitely ask you. I really hope you have a wonderful day.

Old March 10th, 2017, 01:49 PM
Contributing User

Quote:
You are so sweet. I really appreciate what you said. If I have any other questions I will definitely ask you. I really hope you have a wonderful day.

In all fairness, regarding Corel's lack of tech support, Jasc's tech support may have been just as bad. I just never needed any.

Brand New, right out of the box, PSP-9 installed perfectly and for me. :-)

When I switched from Windows XP to Windows Vista the install was almost perfect. I had to right-click the file, in: Computer > Drive E and then click Run.

As far as the DC geeks? There are a few members that may acronym you to death. (my experience)

There are short-fuses and Tommy Chongs. Not enough info about your computer and/or problem seems to attract the fuses.

Joining is painless and members get access to the freeware offered by some of the members. Cool place even if you're not a geek. (me)

p.s. Any day without tech support is a Wonderful Day.

Last edited by see3 : March 11th, 2017 at 01:11 PM. Reason: can't spell

Viewing: Tutorialized Forums2D GraphicsPaint Shop Pro > Help

Developer Shed Advertisers and Affiliates

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: