Paint Shop Pro

Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 
User Name:
Password:
Remember me

Go Back   Tutorialized Forums2D GraphicsPaint Shop Pro

Add This Thread To:
  Del.icio.us   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes

Unread Tutorialized Forums Sponsor:
Old October 25th, 2016, 03:56 PM
Tutorialized Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 4 nejanet User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 22 m 56 sec
Reputation Power: 0
How to

I have used PSP for years and now have #9. I wondered if there is a way to take photos and lable them with names and dates while keeping them digital....I have been looking online and they all want me to print something or make a book.
While close family or friends this wouldn't be a problem I have cousins and not so close family that want photos labled so they know who is who.
Also if it was just one or 2 photos I would put it in and email and tell them about it but there are many.....
Is there a way to do this?
Thank You

Old November 11th, 2016, 06:52 PM
Contributing User

Posts: 80 see3 User rank is Private First Class (20 - 50 Reputation Level)see3 User rank is Private First Class (20 - 50 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 4 Days 20 h 7 m 47 sec
Reputation Power: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nejanet
I have used PSP for years and now have #9. I wondered if there is a way to take photos and lable them with names and dates while keeping them digital....I have been looking online and they all want me to print something or make a book.
While close family or friends this wouldn't be a problem I have cousins and not so close family that want photos labled so they know who is who.
Also if it was just one or 2 photos I would put it in and email and tell them about it but there are many.....
Is there a way to do this?
Thank You

Hi nejanet,

I presume you want the lable to be seen as part of the photo itself? If so -

Launch PSP 9 and open your photo. In the Main Menu, at the top of your screen, click on Image then Add Borders.

The default settings should be:

Size in pixels:
Top: 50
Left: 0
Right: 0
Bottom: 0
Symmetric: unchecked
Color: white

Leave Symmetric unchecked.

If you want the lable at the bottom, make Top: 0 and Bottom: 50 (to start with)

You may want the Size in Pixels to be only 30 or bigger say 90. This size will depend on how long your description is, the font size and/or how you want it to look.

If you want a different lable color, click the color-box and choose your color. Then click OK.

When you finish your settings click OK. The lable area size will be added to the image size. 1024 height becomes 1074 height.

Old December 4th, 2016, 03:43 PM

Posts: 4 nejanet User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 22 m 56 sec
Reputation Power: 0
Thank You

In the old days I guess everyone was afraid of cutting off heads so they had more scene than people so on a lot of photos I cropped 3 sides and left the bottom alone and just wrote on it...but on the ones that I could not do that with I used your suggestion and it worked great.
Thank You so much.....

Old December 6th, 2016, 03:27 PM
Contributing User

Posts: 80 see3 User rank is Private First Class (20 - 50 Reputation Level)see3 User rank is Private First Class (20 - 50 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 4 Days 20 h 7 m 47 sec
Reputation Power: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nejanet
In the old days I guess everyone was afraid of cutting off heads so they had more scene than people so on a lot of photos I cropped 3 sides and left the bottom alone and just wrote on it...but on the ones that I could not do that with I used your suggestion and it worked great.
Thank You so much.....

You're Welcome nejanet and thank you for coming back to add your reply.

Feel free to come back with any other questions you may have.

Addendum:

All of my replies on this thread were for users of Jasc Paint Shop Pro 9. As it turns out... this person uses Corel Paintshop Pro X9.

Apples and oranges. About 12 years worth of improvements, changes, renames, etc. between Jasc PSP 9 and Corel PSP X9.

Although, it seems, adding Borders hasn't changed much there are probably many other tools or options that are totally different.

Last edited by see3 : December 15th, 2016 at 01:16 PM.

Viewing: Tutorialized Forums2D GraphicsPaint Shop Pro > How to

Developer Shed Advertisers and Affiliates

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: