Paint Shop Pro

Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 
User Name:
Password:
Remember me

Go Back   Tutorialized Forums2D GraphicsPaint Shop Pro

Add This Thread To:
  Del.icio.us   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes

Unread Tutorialized Forums Sponsor:
Old April 3rd, 2011, 07:02 PM
Tutorialized Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 1 cnhartman2 User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 26 m 17 sec
Reputation Power: 0
Send a message via AIM to cnhartman2 Send a message via MSN to cnhartman2
PSP8 Resizing Problem

I hope this is the right place to go for this sort of thing.

I've been using PSP8 for almost four years. I really like the program. Recently, though, it's not resizing the images correctly. I'm not sure how to explain it, but since I'm a new user and unable to post any pictures for 30 days, I guess I'll just have to try.

They're not exactly becoming pixelated, but they seem to have some kind of black noise on top of them once they're resized. Does that make sense? I hope so....

If not, you can get my AIM username off of my profile, IM me, and I'll just show you.

If it does, then can you tell me if there is a way to fix this without reinstalling the program? I mean, I will if I have to, but I would like to avoid it if I can.

Thanks!

Old May 21st, 2015, 05:52 AM
Contributing User
Tutorialized Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 80 see3 User rank is Private First Class (20 - 50 Reputation Level)see3 User rank is Private First Class (20 - 50 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 4 Days 20 h 7 m 47 sec
Reputation Power: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnhartman2
I hope this is the right place to go for this sort of thing.

I've been using PSP8 for almost four years. I really like the program. Recently, though, it's not resizing the images correctly. I'm not sure how to explain it, but since I'm a new user and unable to post any pictures for 30 days, I guess I'll just have to try.

They're not exactly becoming pixelated, but they seem to have some kind of black noise on top of them once they're resized. Does that make sense? I hope so....

If not, you can get my AIM username off of my profile, IM me, and I'll just show you.

If it does, then can you tell me if there is a way to fix this without reinstalling the program? I mean, I will if I have to, but I would like to avoid it if I can.

Thanks!

Edit:
After posting this reply i discovered that there were 2 patches created for psp 8. They are offered here: scrapbookcampus.com / resources / psp-patches (without the spaces)
Also cnhartman2's recent problem, after 4 years of use, may be a computer issue. Possibly caused by a download or driver update.
------------

Original Post:
I use PSP9 and can't seem to duplicate your 'black noise' so here is a workaround. Type Multiple Image Resizer Free into your browser. This is freeware and resizes 1 or 100 pics very quickly. Lots of options.

As of May 21, 2015
Supported Operating Systems (32bit and 64bit):

標indows Vista (Service Pack 2)
標indows 7 (Service Pack 1)
標indows 8
標indows 8.1
標indows Server 2008 (Service Pack 2)
標indows Server 2008 R2 (Service Pack 1)
標indows Server 2012
標indows Server 2012 R2

FWIW: PSP's resize works great, for one or two pics but what if you have 100 to do. MIR is my choice.

Last edited by see3 : May 24th, 2015 at 05:47 AM. Reason: new info

Viewing: Tutorialized Forums2D GraphicsPaint Shop Pro > PSP8 Resizing Problem

Developer Shed Advertisers and Affiliates

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: