Paint Shop Pro

Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 
User Name:
Password:
Remember me

Go Back   Tutorialized Forums2D GraphicsPaint Shop Pro

Add This Thread To:
  Del.icio.us   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes

Unread Tutorialized Forums Sponsor:
Old December 3rd, 2007, 07:34 PM
Tutorialized Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 1 maddog197 User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 39 m 46 sec
Reputation Power: 0
Transfer program from one computer to another??

Hi,
I am new here and to photo editing. Earlier this year I purchased Paint Shop 9 online and downloaded the program. However my computer is crapping out and I would like to transfer the program to a new Computer with Vista as the O.S. Is this legal to do? If so how do I do it??
Thanks.

Old March 17th, 2008, 05:43 PM
Tutorialized Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 5 A3DSAIL User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 1 h 15 m 22 sec
Reputation Power: 0
Talking Transfer PSP9 to Vista:

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog197
Hi,
I am new here and to photo editing. Earlier this year I purchased Paint Shop 9 online and downloaded the program. However my computer is crapping out and I would like to transfer the program to a new Computer with Vista as the O.S. Is this legal to do? If so how do I do it??
Thanks.

Yes, it's legal to install your PSP 9 on Vista (this isn't Micro$oft you're dealing with here!). Without know which version of VIsta you will be installing, I would say that one thing to smooth the way is rather than just copying the whole PSP folder to the new machine, you should get your new computer all set up with the new OS and running and then copy just the executable of PSP 9 (the PSP.exe file) and install it on Vista.

This is because Vista may have different places for certain PSP files than did WinXP or whatever you are using now. You can copy your acquired patterns and created images, etc. after you know that PSP is functioning properly.

Be advised that the Internet is full of folks who ran into problems trying to run PSP and other programs on Vista. I did a quick Google on transfering PSP to Vista and saw many threads related to problems with PSP 8 and several versions of Vista, but none concerning PSP 9. Many problems concerned Vista's permissions, failure to update the Registry, missing or non-functional PSP features, etc. Vista may be better than it was and it certainly is the future, but the "future" ain't here yet, apparently.

Hopefully, someone who has actually done this successfully can add to this advice. Good Luck.

BTW, I am using PSP 7 & 8 now, but would like to buy a copy of PSP 9. Where did you purchase your copy, if you don't mind saying.

Viewing: Tutorialized Forums2D GraphicsPaint Shop Pro > Transfer program from one computer to another??

Developer Shed Advertisers and Affiliates

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: