Photoshop

Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 
User Name:
Password:
Remember me

Go Back   Tutorialized Forums2D GraphicsPhotoshop

Add This Thread To:
  Del.icio.us   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes

Unread Tutorialized Forums Sponsor:
Old October 27th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Tutorialized Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 1 Scarl3tPirat3 User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 10 m 5 sec
Reputation Power: 0
Photoshop:How Can I Achieve A Varnish Effect

We have a white porcelain mask with a bird painted on one side, it inspired me to make my own in photoshop, I found a plain white mask image and overlaid a picture on it but don't know how to make it look shiny and varnished can anyone help as this technique could be used for loads of stuff including one project i'm planning with russian dolls they would look great with that shiny varnished finish.

Old November 5th, 2012, 01:25 PM
~Moderator~
Click here for more information

Posts: 640 _Kenny_Programing_ New User: is a brand new recruit and a unknown entity at this point. 
Time spent in forums: 3 Days 2 h 10 m 3 sec
Reputation Power: 0
Send a message via MSN to _Kenny_Programing_ Send a message via Skype to _Kenny_Programing_ Send a message via XFire to _Kenny_Programing_
you can create a new layer over this and make ovals or "Lighted" gloss areas as you would think where the light would hit, and just set the color to white and set the opacity low so it looks more of a glare and gives it that "Gloss" look, Or. in the blending options there are different layer mask's and Layer options to make it that gloss effect with a click of a button to which one and which color you want it to be. if you need anymore help please e-mail or message back on here, thanks and hope i helped.

Old April 8th, 2015, 03:30 PM
Tutorialized Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 49 artworkabode User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 2 h 50 m 22 sec
Reputation Power: 3
Facebook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarl3tPirat3
We have a white porcelain mask with a bird painted on one side, it inspired me to make my own in photoshop, I found a plain white mask image and overlaid a picture on it but don't know how to make it look shiny and varnished can anyone help as this technique could be used for loads of stuff including one project i'm planning with russian dolls they would look great with that shiny varnished finish.

Your best plan of attack for any 'effect' recreation is study. Varnish or other transparent shiny masks are characterized by a sharp specular highlight where the object is closest/most perpendicular to the light. the edges are hard/sharp with little feathering.

Viewing: Tutorialized Forums2D GraphicsPhotoshop > Photoshop:How Can I Achieve A Varnish Effect

Developer Shed Advertisers and Affiliates

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: