Ruby on Rails

Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 
User Name:
Password:
Remember me

Go Back   Tutorialized ForumsWeb Design & DevelopmentRuby on Rails

Add This Thread To:
  Del.icio.us   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes

Unread Tutorialized Forums Sponsor:
Old December 15th, 2004, 10:40 AM
Contributing User
Tutorialized Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 9 sn328721 New User: is a brand new recruit and a unknown entity at this point. 
Time spent in forums: < 1 sec
Reputation Power: 0
Site Creation for All Browser Sizes

Hi,

I'm new to photoshop, but have decided to give it a try after some of the amazing things that can be done in a magazine i purchased recently.

Firstly i would like to say thankyou to the creator/s of the site for the very informative tutorials to help me get started, and look forward to putting them into practice where i can.

Secondly is a little help please! I have been given the task to create the school website whilst undertaking the role of school administrator. As well as all the needs for the site in terms of size of pages and colours, there are some things i just wanted to ask, and if there are any tutorials on the site that i have not seen yet then i would appreciate it if you could point them out to me.

I upto recently used macromedia for my web design. I would create the layout in Dreamweaver, then take the sizes for tables into Fireworks. This is all fine but a very tiresome approach of jumping between application to another. My question is how to people who use photoshop create the pages for the web, and how do they make them so that they auto adjust to the size of the browser. Origianlly i would use dreamwaevers tables set to 100%, then another table within set to a general size such as 800x600.

The last question is quite a broad one, and that i am sorry for. I know that this question is similar to the one posted earlier on site layout and design, but i just wanted to be more precise on asking just what sort of process to people go through to design an eye catching site. How do you begin designing, where do people get their ideas and TEACH ME PLEASE lol

thanks and keep up the good work

Old December 15th, 2004, 11:46 AM
Contributing User

Posts: 9 sn328721 New User: is a brand new recruit and a unknown entity at this point. 
A site that i see is very good and would like to know howit is put togther is http://www.absolutecross.com

The site has some excellent designs, and it auto adjusts to the browser size and it has a menu system for the buttons on rollover

HOW?

Old December 15th, 2004, 12:40 PM
Contributing User

Posts: 143 Terencentanio New User: is a brand new recruit and a unknown entity at this point. 
Send a message via MSN to Terencentanio
As I said elsewhere, the ideas for my sites come when I'm in bed.

Hmm.. what is teh skewl website for? Is it just for students or other people? Or is it just so you can't be pointed out as the only skewl in the area with no site?

Old December 15th, 2004, 01:56 PM
Contributing User

ops:
Any ideas mate! I really like the idea of the block layout but that is all very good for game orientated sites and sites promoting design services, but what theme would you do for a school, smooth elegant lines, lots of blending???

Do you know how to center the design layout to center from photoshop, does it have to be exported to dreamweaver??

thanks

Old December 15th, 2004, 01:58 PM
Contributing User

half of my text has gone!!!!!!

I was saying its informative for students and parents of prospective students.

Overall it will content based but i want a really good in your face design that says that cool

the original one is bad http://www.stedmunds.enta.net

Old December 15th, 2004, 02:04 PM
Contributing User
Tutorialized Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Posts: 506 kurt User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 5 m 48 sec
I would take a look at university websites. Very simple, clean, usually lots of images that show off the atmosphere of the school.

ie: www.washington.edu

Old December 15th, 2004, 02:37 PM
Contributing User

Posts: 143 Terencentanio New User: is a brand new recruit and a unknown entity at this point. 
Send a message via MSN to Terencentanio
sn328721: You've probably got more chance coding in HTML. HTML Editors and site creation proggies are, for lack of a better word, ****e. If you dunno HTML, learn from htmlgoodies.com or get someone from somewhere who does know it. Also if you're attached to your JavaScript or whatever those drop-downs are, most people know how to do that.

Viewing: Tutorialized ForumsWeb Design & DevelopmentRuby on Rails > Site Creation for All Browser Sizes

Developer Shed Advertisers and Affiliates

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: