SQL Basics

Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 
User Name:
Password:
Remember me

Go Back   Tutorialized ForumsDatabasesSQL Basics

Add This Thread To:
  Del.icio.us   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes

Unread Tutorialized Forums Sponsor:
Old March 11th, 2016, 02:10 AM
Banned
Tutorialized Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 12 JebaQpt User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 6 h 58 m 39 sec
Reputation Power: 0
What is the difference between SQL and Oracle?

I want to learn Database, some of my friends are suggesting SQL and Oracle, would like to know which is the best one?
and tell me What is the difference between SQL and Oracle?

Old December 7th, 2016, 01:12 AM
Tutorialized Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 52 dishagandhi User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 17 h 40 m 42 sec
Reputation Power: 1
- I assume by "SQL" that means Microsoft SQL Server.

- Oracle has the largest market share by revenue, and SQL Server is second, but is the volume leader (not counting MySQL of course, which has massive volume but near-zero revenue).

- What this means in practical terms is that Oracle Database is expensive, and there are fewer installations, while MS SQL Server is cheaper, but has more installations.

- Feature-wise, for 90% of all practical workloads, these two databases are at parity. However, because Oracle is perceived as the higher-end product, scales up better,
and is more expensive, it is generally larger companies with larger budgets which use Oracle. Therefore, there are less employment opportunities for Oracle but compensation would generally be higher.

- In terms of workload, Oracle is notorious for being a high-maintenance, high-skill product,
and someone just starting out would be hard-pressed to learn the ropes and compete against the large number of existing Oracle DBA's who already have the requisite experience.

Viewing: Tutorialized ForumsDatabasesSQL Basics > What is the difference between SQL and Oracle?

Developer Shed Advertisers and Affiliates

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: