Web Design

Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 
User Name:
Password:
Remember me

Go Back   Tutorialized ForumsWeb Design & DevelopmentWeb Design

Add This Thread To:
  Del.icio.us   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes

Unread Tutorialized Forums Sponsor:
Old February 24th, 2015, 09:03 AM
Tutorialized Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 1 jessica89 User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 4 m 57 sec
Reputation Power: 0
Thumbs up Choosing between WordPress, Joomla or Drupal

I want to build a website, but i got no idea which content managment system i should use.. Anyone got experience with WordPress, Joomla or Drupal? I need to build a website for a school... which one do you prefer and why?

Greetings,
Jessica

Old April 8th, 2015, 12:38 AM

Posts: 2 kathymiller User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 17 m 38 sec
Hi Jessica,
The content management system will depend on the kind of website you need to build. One of the projects that I handled while working as a newbie designer in my web development company was that of a school website and I used Joomla. Joomla has a variety of good templates that can be used. Drupal is also good but in my opinion Joomla is the best.

Old August 17th, 2015, 07:19 AM

Posts: 1 ss.aaronschwart User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 19 m 40 sec
To be honest all these options are quiet good, and by using these we can create a stunning website fast and easy, It doesn't matter how much one knows about computers and technology. Even these all are open source and free to use.

It's difficult to use which system but I think this is an important choice which you have to make.

A comparison with all these platforms:
1. Wordpress: Well knows and best for beginners, Wordpress is well known for all small and medium business.
2. Joomla: Well known for An E-commerce website.
3. Drupal: This is one of the most difficult, but really very powerful CMS.

Old December 28th, 2016, 05:12 AM

Posts: 52 dishagandhi User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 17 h 40 m 42 sec
Reputation Power: 1
It is difficult to say Out of these 3 which one is best for you because they’re all good options.

But I can see the scenario at which condition, which software is best to use :

Quick Review :

1. WordPress – This is the Best choice for beginners because of it’s ease-of-use, it works especially well for small to medium sized websites, blogs and smaller e-commerce stores.
2. Joomla – This is a Great choice for e-commerce or social networking websites, but it requires a basic understanding of technical skills.
3. Drupal – This is the most difficult but it is also powerful option to use. It requires a familiar understanding of HTML, CSS and PHP.

Old January 21st, 2017, 05:56 AM

Posts: 2 harrisd User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 25 m 30 sec
Drupal has the best SEO capacity that is immediately available. It gives its users with several modules ready for any SEO activity and tracking of the web statistics. It can automatically generate customizable meta tags or create title based URL links for a website, a characteristic that is lacking with WordPress and Joomla.

Joomla needs the complete beginning care and awareness in terms of SEO, but, contrastingly, it has high likely to rank very high in case a website and pages are set up accurately. The software contains basic SEO-optimization functionality that can be stretched by skilled developers’ hands.

WordPress is a fabulous website program to use that tries its biggest by simplifying the method of optimization for its users. But, the real SEO strength of WordPress doesn’t come out the box but is located among the countless plugins available.

Old February 2nd, 2017, 02:03 AM

Posts: 1 nashir User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 19 m 27 sec
WordPress does not require PHP nor HTML knowledge unlinke Drupal, Joomla or Typo3. A preinstalled plugin and template function allows them to be installed very easily. All you need to do is to choose a plugin or a template and click on it to install.
It's good choice for beginners

Viewing: Tutorialized ForumsWeb Design & DevelopmentWeb Design > Choosing between WordPress, Joomla or Drupal

Developer Shed Advertisers and Affiliates

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: