Web Design

Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 
User Name:
Password:
Remember me

Go Back   Tutorialized ForumsWeb Design & DevelopmentWeb Design

Add This Thread To:
  Del.icio.us   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes

Unread Tutorialized Forums Sponsor:
Old August 6th, 2007, 02:17 PM
Contributing User
Tutorialized Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 2 uservalabil User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 37 m 26 sec
Reputation Power: 0
Font look differences between IE & FireFox

Hi,
the growing number of users that use Mozilla Firefox made me think twice before optimizing my web-sites. I wanted them to look the same in IE and Firefox. Let`s say i`ve covered 90%-95% of this problem because it`s a shame that Firefox doesn`t support propertys like scrollbar-darkshadow-color but i`ll pass that.
After i did the research and solve the important issues the pages look the same in ff and ie but only at first sight. On internet explorer characters ar smooth and nice but in firefox the same characters at the same size look "pixelated". Is there a way to solve this?

Anticipated thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg iefonts.jpg (86.0 KB, 678 views)

Old August 6th, 2007, 03:56 PM
Board Geriatric
Tutorialized Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Posts: 887 Squibbit User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 4 Days 16 h 40 m 26 sec
I don't know how to solve this, however I do know that it is perfectly normal, and people used to using FireFox will be used to this.

I think it's due to the default font used in FireFox, which can be changed under Tools>Options.

I hope this helps with your problem.

Old August 30th, 2007, 08:42 PM
~Moderator~
Click here for more information

Posts: 640 _Kenny_Programing_ New User: is a brand new recruit and a unknown entity at this point. 
Time spent in forums: 3 Days 2 h 10 m 3 sec
Send a message via MSN to _Kenny_Programing_ Send a message via Skype to _Kenny_Programing_ Send a message via XFire to _Kenny_Programing_
Talking

and dont forget, firefox uses open source to view the website, so if that doesnt work, or if noone knows how to change the font, just make the <b>Bold Text Tags</b> and it will make them not pixilated, it might be a little bit bigger in IE than in FireFox but atleast it willnot be pixelated.

Old August 9th, 2008, 04:07 AM
Tutorialized Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 6 Taborri User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 1 h 40 m 29 sec
Font look differences between IE & FireFox

Hi

I hear this type of question so many time like this tag is not working on IE but working on firefox, my text setting is changed in firefox rather than IE.
what is this?
can anybody plz tell me what is the problem with these two explorers.

thanks

Old August 9th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Board Geriatric
Tutorialized Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Posts: 887 Squibbit User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 4 Days 16 h 40 m 26 sec
Firefox complies with W3C Web Standards more so than Internet Explorer does. IE is well known as a "broken browser".

I'd suggest when you design to design around more compliant browsers such as Firefox, Safari, Opera, and then insert fixes for IE. This will ensure that your site appears right on as many browsers as possible, rather than just IE. Since there are around 1300 million users plus of the internet, and IE only holds about 50% of those users to its services, more and more web developers are needing to take alternative browsers into consideration when designing websites.

The font issue isn't a major one, but as I said in my post before, Firefox users will be used to this and no-one will judge the quality of your site by non-anti-aliased text.

Viewing: Tutorialized ForumsWeb Design & DevelopmentWeb Design > Font look differences between IE & FireFox

Developer Shed Advertisers and Affiliates

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: