Web Hosting

Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 
User Name:
Password:
Remember me

Go Back   Tutorialized ForumsMiscellaneousWeb Hosting

Add This Thread To:
  Del.icio.us   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes

Unread Tutorialized Forums Sponsor:
Old June 15th, 2008, 02:28 AM
Tutorialized Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 1 ComLover User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 6 m 38 sec
Reputation Power: 0
Any best quality hosting?

I'm looking to get a hosting plan from vesthost , does anyone use them before, I need to know if are trusty ?

Old June 23rd, 2008, 09:06 AM

Posts: 6 HostColor User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 38 m 48 sec
Send a message via ICQ to HostColor Send a message via Skype to HostColor
This compay might be good one, might be not. I don't know. But I would suggest you to ask about service, not about specific web host. Otherwise it looks like promotional post and it does not make forum members to discuss it... which makes it useless.

Old June 25th, 2008, 01:03 AM

Posts: 8 host_critics User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 52 m 44 sec
Things to consider

Hi there,

Obviously, I have not heard about the hosting company that you are going to host your site. So sorry for that. However, just before you register with them, I like to share several of my opinions in selecting a web hoster

To run an website, you need to pay careful attention on several key issue as it has a direct bearing on the success of your business. Website downtime and insufficient security can cost your business significant amount of money.

Uptime
Ensuring maximum uptime is essential when choosing a hosting provider because uptime is time that Internet users can access your website, browse through its pages, and place orders. Generally uptime is measured by percentage according to time a web site is up and available to Internet visitors. In industry terms, the more “9s” a hosting provider can achieve in uptime performance, the better. It really makes differences for a provider who achieves 99.99% uptime compare to 99.9% uptime. According to monthly calculation, 99.99% uptime would have 4.32 minutes downtimes however another will have 43.2 minutes downtimes. That’s nearly 40-minutes difference! Furthermore, a good hosting provider – one that can provide the uptime and the security your business needs – will have systems, safeguards, and backups in place to protect its hosting environment – and your site – from external threats such as unwanted intrusion by hackers and virus.

Physically Secure Data Center
Allowing only authorized personnel access your hosting provider’s data center proven to be more secure.

Firewall Protection
It purpose to prevent outsider to access to hosting provider’s network and private data. Multiple firewalls on a network provide additional security and backup should one of the firewall fail.

Regular Updates/Patching
Your hosting provider should regularly obtain the most up-to-date security patches and updates for its operating systems and software.

Backup
No hosting infrastructure is completely fail-safe. Performing a daily backups of all data stored on its systems is necessary. There are two way of doing it, one is onsite and another is offsite. Onsite to ensure quick recovery if a system fails, and offsite to ensure that data is not lost should the entire hosting facility be damaged by some sort of disaster.

Facility Maintenance and 24/7 Monitoring
Hosting provider also need to maintain a locked, temperature-controlled data center equipped with fire protection and an alternate power source. The facility should be monitored on a 24/7 basis, as should performance details such as server uptime, load, traffic, etc.

Bandwidth
Bandwidth affects the speed with which your website loads on your customers’ browsers. For a hosting provider, bandwidth is the amount of data that can be transmitted to and from the Internet in a fixed amount of time. A good hosting provider will have enough bandwidth (and more) to accommodate the websites it hosts during peak load times.

Storage

Getting a reliable, high-speed mass data storage ought to be one of your greatest concerns. If your host’s storage system goes down, it goes down with all of your website’s files. A good hosting company will store your data in a clustered environment (again referring to the concept of redundancy) using top-quality hardware, software, and RAID technology.

Network
The speed and reliability of your hosting provider’s network affects the speed and reliability of your website. Hardware and software, including switches, routers, networking cables, etc., as well as adequate network security, bandwidth, and data transfer speed play important role here.

Technical Support.
The amount of technical support you receive from your hosting provider is often contingent on the amount you are willing to pay in monthly hosting rates.

I am so sorry for being too fussy as I always treat my website as a virtual representation about myself in virtual world. I do not want to damage my reputation just because my site is always down due to the bad server or support I received from my hoster.

In conclusion, if you are looking to host a site, I recommend you to contact www.ASPHostCentral.com. . The blokes there are really doing a great job in managing and running a hosting business.

Overall, good luck!

Peace,

host_critics

Last edited by host_critics : June 25th, 2008 at 01:43 AM.

Old July 11th, 2010, 09:46 PM

Posts: 1 komin User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 8 m 24 sec
you may visit this site worldtophost.com
It has the best cheap, affordable web hosting which is reliable, has many features, and offers top quality support.

Old May 31st, 2011, 04:36 AM

Posts: 38 Nile Hadwards User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 6 h 50 m 13 sec
Reputation Power: 5
Post Re:

You can even go for local domain registration and hosting company and check out if the company offer free domain name registration with any private plan. It is better to stick to one web hosting company as transferring from one provider to another will also cost you a considerable amount.

Old June 1st, 2011, 01:15 AM

Posts: 29 John Dale User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 5 h 55 m
Post Re:

You need to compare pricing before you finalize a web hosting service. Some may provide you better services but at low pricing. It's not always true that the best hosting services are always the most expensive. Do your research and then finalize.

Old June 11th, 2013, 12:22 AM

Posts: 1 leozen07 User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 1 h 4 m 42 sec
Here I got lots of useful information to choose a hosting company.
I haven't used vesthost, i used knownHost for my website.

Viewing: Tutorialized ForumsMiscellaneousWeb Hosting > Any best quality hosting?

Developer Shed Advertisers and Affiliates

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: