Windows

Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 
User Name:
Password:
Remember me

Go Back   Tutorialized ForumsOperating SystemsWindows

Add This Thread To:
  Del.icio.us   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes

Unread Tutorialized Forums Sponsor:
Old January 24th, 2006, 05:13 AM
Contributing User
Tutorialized Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 19 jameze New User: is a brand new recruit and a unknown entity at this point. 
Time spent in forums: < 1 sec
Reputation Power: 0
Send a message via MSN to jameze
AEC Objects issue, i.e. windows and walls

I recently decided to start using 3Dmax. I have done all the tutorials provided by 3DMax6 and all the video tutorials at 3dbuzz but still having difficulties.

When i put objects such as doors and windows into a wall it doesnt always cut out the required space for the object i.e. u cant see through a window.

Now im not sure if this is because i dont have a glass material but i cannot be sure as i know noone that uses this program so its making it rather difficult, any help from experianced users would be WELL appreciated as im on a time scale, thanks guys.

Ps. Im using 3DMax 8 now

Old January 24th, 2006, 06:41 AM
Contributing User

Posts: 19 jameze New User: is a brand new recruit and a unknown entity at this point. 
Ps. i already tried the obvious approach by using a boolean to subtract. That dont work either. Seriously any advice would be helpfull and i would be ever so gratefull! Thanx

Old January 24th, 2006, 10:22 AM
Contributing User

Sorry guys plz accept my apology to all who read this and was offended or bothered by it, i didnt mean nothing by my previous statement jus i dunno anyone who does 3d modelling and it can be quite agrivating teachin urself with noone to help figure out t bugs.

Old January 25th, 2006, 05:57 AM
Contributing User
Tutorialized Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Posts: 908 aziz New User: is a brand new recruit and a unknown entity at this point. 
Time spent in forums: 1 h 28 m 5 sec
Send a message via MSN to aziz Send a message via Yahoo to aziz
hello

hey man i think the bolean is the best way to create a hole in any object if yours not working may be you have some problem with your window.

aziz khan

regarding ISA server,

http://www.isaserver.50g.com

Old January 25th, 2006, 08:59 AM
Contributing User
Tutorialized Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Posts: 1,286 The Creator User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 22 m 35 sec
Send a message via MSN to The Creator
or u cud turn window to editable poly and then make muti-layer material and add a glass one to it... (go to the home page to find a tutorial on this)

Old January 26th, 2006, 09:25 AM
Contributing User

I have retracted my previous statement and there is an apology for anyone who read it two or three lines above this comment, just i hate not being able to get around problems. anywhere thanks very much guys, well apreciated!

Old January 26th, 2006, 01:58 PM
Contributing User
Tutorialized Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Posts: 1,286 The Creator User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 22 m 35 sec
Send a message via MSN to The Creator
thankyou very much

Old January 27th, 2006, 09:41 AM
Contributing User
Tutorialized Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Posts: 908 aziz New User: is a brand new recruit and a unknown entity at this point. 
Time spent in forums: 1 h 28 m 5 sec
Send a message via MSN to aziz Send a message via Yahoo to aziz
hello jameze

hi jameze here is your answer below,

How are you? Hope you are fine and enjoying learning 3ds max.

Here I am concerning about your problem in 3ds max, you asked me the Boolean is not working? Or you can’t fix the hole for window or something like that?

Listen I am here giving you a little tip below,
1-before making any hole in any object first create what you going to put in the hole.
2-always create the object first you want to place in the hole and then create a hole or something what ever you are going to do.
3-when you create the object put it in any place you want to create a hole according to your object size this is I think perfect way without a lot inconvenience.

Now I will tell you how to do Boolean? There tow kind creating hole as below,
1-boolean operation.
2-spline operation.

First we are you going to how to create a hole in object such as for window, ok now what we have to do?
Create a box in front view port the thickness is not important any thickness will serve, now for window what way will be the best to create a easy window in a seconds ok don’t be panic it’s not a big deal, go to create tab from dropdown menu click door from the door modify panel click BiFold and drag with your courser in perspective view port, you confused that why I here don’t chose the window from dropdown menu the aim is this BIFOLD door will serve as much as real as like window not door play with settings to have shape like window.
Now create a box in your front view port again to create a hole for window measure it as measurement same the window size you have created, when you fix it to the box do the Boolean operation, go to create tab again from drop down menu select COMPOUND OBJECTS before going to Boolean make sure the wall is selected with the wall selected click Boolean again make sure SUBTRACTION (A-B) selected now click the button PICK OPERAND B and click on the small box you created to make hole and you will see the hole appears, now fix the window and you will have nice Boolean hole in the object, here I am giving you a simple picture which I did when I was wetting to your question.

2- Spline operation

Its easy then Boolean operation ok lets start how to create it,
Go to create tab from there chose SHAPES the shapes rollout will appears from the rollout chose rectangle and create a rectangle shape in front view port now once more create a rectangle shape again but this time the rectangle should be smaller as like the hole for window because we are going to create a hole for window here, when you did this right click in any one of rectangles and from pop-up transform chose CONVERT TO
And then CONVERT TO EDITABLE SPLINE now the spline modifier appears from the modifier scroll down and find ATTACH select the attach button and then select the rectangle which is selected now your tow rectangles will be one object now you are pretty done.

Here we are going to EXTRUDE our shape, go to modify panel from dropdown menu select EXTRUDE here you give any amount for extrusion of your wall and then fix your window and enjoy.
These were 2 way of how to create hole for window with Boolean and splines.
Hope I helped you and enjoy your modeling.

Thanks Aziz Khan

Old January 30th, 2006, 04:04 AM
Contributing User

Thanks all, i finally managed it and now my project is nearly finished already. Cant believe the answer is so simple lol, you guys are ace, thanks J.

Old November 5th, 2007, 08:25 AM

Posts: 3 koki User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 18 m 36 sec
hi all, iam working in my graduation project using 3dmax.
h made a complete bedroom except lighting can any one tell me how make a real day light inside the room.
thanks

Old November 7th, 2007, 08:15 AM

hey, i will appreciate any help to how make a daylight in a bedroom
thanks

Old November 8th, 2007, 07:09 AM

hey, can any one answer me or what?

Viewing: Tutorialized ForumsOperating SystemsWindows > AEC Objects issue, i.e. windows and walls

Developer Shed Advertisers and Affiliates

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: