Windows

Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 
User Name:
Password:
Remember me

Go Back   Tutorialized ForumsOperating SystemsWindows

Add This Thread To:
  Del.icio.us   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes

Unread Tutorialized Forums Sponsor:
Old July 17th, 2006, 01:56 PM
Contributing User
Tutorialized Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 11 Visual77 New User: is a brand new recruit and a unknown entity at this point. 
Time spent in forums: < 1 sec
Reputation Power: 0
Send a message via AIM to Visual77
Pop up windows in flash

I'm working on a flash website and I have a problem with a pop up window I've got set up. I'll explain the issue first, then put in the relevant code. There are 9 catagories of questions, each one having between 4 and 20 questions within it. When you click a question it makes a little window appear(really, just telling a symbol to go to frame 2, with frame 1 being nothing, and 'not open'), and then it tells it to go to the questions page. The question page is just another symbol in itself that has x number of frames, each frame being the answer to one question. Here's the problem...when you click on one of the questions with the pop up window not on screen, it'll always pull up the first question/answer, but when you click on it a second time, it'll pull up the correct question/answer. If you click on any question with the window open, it'll pull up the right question. What is wrong with my code to cause this?

Here's the code...

This is on the button that covers the question itself. This is what you click on to make it all happen.

on (release) {
_root.scroller.scroller.gotoAndStop(2);
_root.scroller._x = 100;
_root.scroller._y = 150.7;
_root.READ = 5;
_root.scroller.scroller.track.contfaq.gotoAndStop( 1);
}

_root.READ is the pop up page. Since it pops up for more than just the QA section, I have to tell it to go to page 5, the QA section. the last line is telling the QA symbol which frame to go to. Frame 1 is question 1, frame 10 is question 10, etc.

Old July 20th, 2006, 07:25 PM
Contributing User
Tutorialized Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 11 Visual77 New User: is a brand new recruit and a unknown entity at this point. 
Time spent in forums: < 1 sec
Reputation Power: 0
Send a message via AIM to Visual77
I fixed the problem I was having. Instead of telling the scroller.scroller.track.contfaq to go to a certain frame, I had it set a variable equal to the frame number, then when that popup loads, it runs an onClipEvent(enterframe) to play that frame, but now I have a new problem.

If I export it as Flash 6, the popups work fine, but the enhanced stroke is not supported so other parts don't work, but if I do it as Flash 8, the popup is almost broken. The sections of code that I suspect as as follows. Do you see a problem with Flash 8 AS that would make this not work?

On the popup window object itself, the overall object governing the whole thing, is this:

onClipEvent (enterFrame) {
if (_root.RXX<0) {
this.stopDrag();
_root.scroller._x = 0;
}
if (_root.RYY<0) {
this.stopDrag();
_root.scroller._Y = 0.7;
}
}

Frame 2 of that popup window has this on a frame:

resiz._alpha=0;